Not Feeling the Support

Options
najgolfpro
najgolfpro Posts: 20 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone my name is Nicole. I am reaching out to any and every person that reads this. I need friends on here, I have a few, but most aren't active. I need accountability, motivation and support.

I am on this journey by myself. No one in my house is interested in the healthier lifestyle. At least not to the degree I am. When I go grocery shopping its two separate trips one for my items and another for everyone else's items. They will sample the food but won't commit to eating this way consistently.

There are times when I want to cave in and eat after 7, not work out and not pay attention to nutritional facts. But thus far I have been able to not succumb to the pressures of giving in. It is getting harder not easier for me. I know it's because I don't have a support group.

So if you are interested in becoming a part of my support group. Please add me or comment and let's become a part of each others journey.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me and I'll cheer you on! You can do this!!!
  • Sagenettle
    Sagenettle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can understand where you're coming from. I'm living at home while I get myself through school and while my family is supportive of a healthy lifestyle (generally speaking), they don't particularly live it themselves and they certainly haven't changed their habits. Therefore, I am constantly surrounded by a plethora of unhealthy food and it's hard doing it alone. I've been trying for three years now and have been nowhere NEAR as successful as I could (should) have been.

Hoping that both you and I can stick to making good choices here!
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend [I'll send you a friend request]. I totally understand where you're at but rest assured you are not alone in this world. The only thing you have to concern yourself with is your own health. You can't force others to become healthy.

Who is it you're buying groceries for other than for yourself? Kids and spouse? They can't eat what you don't buy.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    Feel free to add me. At times we all get a little off track but don't beat yourself up. You just have to try again the next day! If you need support I will do my best!
  • erindunphy
    erindunphy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! I'm always looking for motivation as well, no need to do this alone ;)
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. I know exactly what you mean. When I mentioned no sodas for me to my husband, he laughed and said "Again?" His encouragement is that I look fine the way I am. I discovered I need my MFP friends to lean on.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, when I started this 40 weeks ago I didn't get any support at home, and it actually resulted in my wife getting extremely mad at me because of the types of food I was cooking (She was tired of chicken breast and fish). Also I was super excited when I finally realized I was in control and wanted to talk about it, unfortunately there was no one at home that wanted to hear about it. Then there was the evening times where my wife would eat potato chips and chocolate in front of me.............so yes I understand that it can be hard. MFP friends is where I found my support. Maybe I am over the top sometimes, but when I have friends that don't log their food daily and post about going out for a major night of drinking a couple times a week and I see no progress for months.....if busting their balls doesn't work then I drop them from my list. I take it all very serious, its a big deal to me. Now that in mind I still have lots of days where I go over, we all do. Feel free to add me........but if you do remember......
    lhgpqj6yoe46.gif
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the motivation to eat right and work out has to come within. MPF is helpful and fun but it isn't the best hand holding tool.
    Unfortunately just because you're making changes doesn't mean everyone in your household will. My roommates eat trash in front of me, sounds delicious, smells delicious but while they're crying about their beer guts I will be having fun in Vegas poolside in May.

Some people are beyond harsh on this website but it just shows the unhappiness they have within themselves.

Be kind to yourself and others.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yeah, few of my IRL friends have kept up with me. But the dedicated MFP buddies are always here. We're in the same place, ready to make changes.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I need motivation too sometimes. I've started over once again. Maybe that's because I'm in the same boat as you!
  • najgolfpro
    Options
    jmxxiiii wrote: »
    Sometimes the motivation to eat right and work out has to come within. MPF is helpful and fun but it isn't the best hand holding tool.
    Unfortunately just because you're making changes doesn't mean everyone in your household will. My roommates eat trash in front of me, sounds delicious, smells delicious but while they're crying about their beer guts I will be having fun in Vegas poolside in May.

Some people are beyond harsh on this website but it just shows the unhappiness they have within themselves.

Be kind to yourself and others.

Wow I hadn't ran across the cruel people but hey they are everywhere so I'm sure there are some on here. MFP has been my lifesaver honestly. People I met on here checked on me when I disappeared for some months. I lost two very close family members and fell into a depression in which I turned to food to pacify me. My MFP people really helped me hold myself accountable and get back on track. I guess it just depends on who you surround yourself with. My family is actually happy with there weight. They may not eat healthy but all of them seem to be at their ideal weight so they don't complain. But I agree it starts with you, first.
  • najgolfpro
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses and I have added you all!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm getting so-so support from my family but actually none from the person who I thought cared the most for me, my ex-bf. He would say he was supporting me, yet go out and party without me because "you're on a diet so you wouldn't be able to have any fun." That did not go over well with me, obviously. Feel free to add me, I've gotten wonderful support and encouragement from MFP friends and have lost 7 pounds in about a month.