22+ lbs loss & Bulimia Recovery, with Pics

Options
This is me July 2013, in leopard.
jtt9hwk5ck1j.jpg

Here is me a couple months later, at the start of September 2013
ytkh6sgql75b.jpg

These photos were taken at the height of my bulimia, which I've struggled with for about 7 years now. It was at this time that I stepped on a scale and found that I was at 167 lbs. I'm 5'6" and this was my heaviest weight ever. To top off the extra weight, my face was really swollen due to purging 3+ times/day. See here:
j9gnrmsl24jr.jpg

So at first, I worked only on my bulimia. This is the hardest thing I've ever done!!! Plus I did this away from home, in Hong Kong...It was tough, but worth it entirely. I have my life back. Then, in May 2014 once I was back home, I decided to tackle my weight loss.

Here I am now, at 145 lbs.
q9uasqfiyg9z.jpg

I'm so happy! This is my first picture post here.
But I'm proud of my success.
I want to lose another 10 lbs or so.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. And you should be really proud of yourself, taking care of your mind and body. I'm sure it wasn't easy. Hope you keep up the excellent work!
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and more importantly, you look healthy! Amazing job!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Happy for you, by the way you look great.
  • pleasepleaseno
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • MacCroc
    MacCroc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done! Happy for you, EDs are so challenging to get over. You look beautiful in all the pictures btw, including the during-ED ones.

I see though that your calorie goal is still a bit too low. Be very careful not to starve yourself again, it's so easy to fall back into the old habits if you are hungry! I'd recommend using an accurate calorie calculatot (like scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and then cutting not more then 10-15 % of your TDEE.

Feel free to add me if you want, I'm also in recovery.
  • pleasepleaseno
    Options
    Thank you MacCroc, for your encouragement!

I have had trouble switching form "1 lbs/wk" to .5 lbs/wk." because when I do, I feel like I'm "not trying enough". I know it's a remnant from my ED, which I'm not entirely over, but I'm hoping to get more comfortable with the idea. I did the .5 lbs/wk loss for about 1 week and that's the longest I've been able to. I think I will switch to it in January.
  • Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. And healthy. Congrats on such a tough fight, much respect to you :)
  • pleasepleaseno
    Options
    thank you Rayedar :)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello! Thanks for sharing. You do look good in both pictures and it s great to hear you are better in your head now. I ve been there and I wish you aaaaaaaaal the best for what lies ahead. You can handle anything!
  • pleasepleaseno
    Options
    Thanks Dear! :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! You are strong. <3
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go on such a big accomplishment!
  • brittdani5
    brittdani5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You sooooo look like Jennifer Lopez!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look so foxy, and you're such a strong woman. Fabulous job!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and amazing for doing something that's already difficult while dealing with an ED in a whole new country. I'm impressed. <3 Keep it up, stay healthy.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It is such a tough fight! You should feel very proud of yourself. Well done!
  • ShannaOfgaia
    ShannaOfgaia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so happy for you! You look amazing!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful!!:-)
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and also healthy! Great job, well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!