What would you pick from this Christmas party menu?

Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
Salad -- Italian dressing, Catalina lite, Ranch
Turkey
Green bean casserole
Velveeta casserole - broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sauteed onion with Ritz cracker and butter topping
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Crescent rolls
Cranberry sauce
Homemade biscuits
Apple pie
Cheesecake
Birthday cake
Chocolate mint ice cream

Dr Pepper, sweet tea, coffee

And as the party winds down Swiss Miss hot chocolate made with water and extra marshmallows

Might have to do P90X twice that day....or P90X in am and extra long bike ride after lunch.....and the list above - that's just dinner. Don't want to skimp too much the rest of the day and come to the table really hungry. That would not be good.

I'm thinking oatmeal and Apple for breakfast, BIG salad for lunch and a couple of tablespoons of the list above except only one desert. Probably ice cream because we only have that at birthdays. Not big on biscuits or rolls soI could skip that too and no cranberry sauce for me - that's for Daddy.

What would you do with this? I'm aiming for 1500 calories.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    It would depend largely on how I ate and what I ate earlier in the day...

I'd probably do:

- 6 oz Turkey
    - 1 cup(ish) mashed potatoes with some gravy
    - Green Bean Casserole?...this would really depend, I love the casserole I make, but I do it from scratch...not a big fan of the ones that use condensed soups and whatnot.
    - Salad
    - Apple Pie
    - Coffee...I'd also want some wine here or something.

I'd probably skip the Swiss Miss and have more wine...or switch over to some bourbon on the rocks.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would probably just have the turkey and some liquor. :drinker:
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Id have salad and turkey and a small serving of dessert
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would have a little bit of it all, except salad, yuck, water and diet soda. then have a blast at the dessert table. ;)
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Salad, turkey, a small helping of mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce and if the pie looked good, some of that. That Velveeta casserole sounds pretty awful to me. I like veggies but not covered in processed cheese and crackers. Could you have vegetables cooked any other way? Also, if I were cooking, I'd have baked potatoes instead of mashed! And don't get me wrong, I love rolls and biscuits but they are too many calories for the enjoyment! Good luck!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't like most of the "real food" on that menu. So I'd probably have some turkey and a bunch of salad with a tiny bit of ranch dressing. If the cranberry sauce was good, some of that. Water to drink.

Then a piece of cheesecake and coffee.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Shred some of that skinless turkey breast over the salad with a moderate amount of Italian dressing.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Turkey, salad, mashed potatoes without gravy and pie (but I don't like pie crust so I'd just eat the innards). And coffee. Always coffee.
  • pauldm1
    pauldm1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pick whatever you like that fits your macros for the day.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade biscuits
    Apple pie, cheesecake, birthday cake (if it wasn't one of those store bought cakes with nasty icing), chocolate mint ice cream, and lots of coffee
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I would eat all of it until I am full and not log for the day.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options

<sigh> Naughty, slinky! Naughty!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    dinner = all but the gravy and velveeta casserole (yuck!). and i would probably personally pick the crescent rolls or skip the bread.

for dessert i would have ice cream.

mostly personal preference though... when there is a holiday party i try to work out or walk a lot that day and then eat what i want within reason.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Ditto this! It's only one meal on one day. Eat what you want, enjoy time with family/friends, and get back to normal tomorrow.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options

ditto this. Enjoy the day and carry on the next day :smiley:
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'd want some of everything. Thanks for making me hungry after finishing me dinner!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would eat: salad with Italian dressing, 4-5 oz. turkey, 1 cup mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole, although I prefer plain green beans with EVOO and garlic.

For dessert, I would have a slice of apple pie. No ice cream or cheesecake for me, I'm lactose intolerant.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    From that list probably a little bit of Turkey, maybe try the Velveeta Casserole, a homemade roll, a slice of pie if it had crumble topping, & maybe try a bit of the Cheesecake & birthday cake.

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'd just have the wine and then apple pie for dessert. None of that food appeals to me.