1st day of c25k

Options
It's scorching so I decided to workout on the treadmill in the tiny little gym at my apartment complex. Since this was my first day, and I haven't used a treadmill in a long time, I had to get a feel for what speed I could walk and what speed I could run. Right now I can walk 3.o mph and run 4.3 mph. I think I could do more, except I learned that I have no sense of balance on a treadmill. Even walking I had a few "oh **** I'm going to fall" moments. Hopefully I will learn to balance better when I get more used to things. Though I would prefer to be running outside. Maybe I could go use the indoor track on campus.

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Haha. You should read my blog. :)
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    good luck! I spent many weeks of C25k on the treadmill, and I regret it. running outside and running on the treadmill condition and train you completely differently. I've been training outside now and it's a lot different, more enjoyable, and more challenging. I'm running my first 5k this weekend! keep it up with C25k and let us now when you run your first race :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Ha I totally remember my first times on the treadmill and how I had to hang on with one hand if I wanted to drink some water or wipe my face :) Don't worry, you will learn your balance naturally and you'll notice it carry over to non-gym life as well.