Blah

Options
This is just how I am feeling!

I couldnt get motivated to go to the gym as im so tired and have course work due. I know I shouldnt give myself a hard time as I am busy as are many of you all. I have a 3 year old, dog,volunteer,study and work. So im allowing myself a rest day and will make tomorrow mornings class at the gym.

I have noticed that when I dont exercise, I a m more hungry. So although I did go over by 30 calories (on 1200), I am going to do some weights, sit ups and lunges in my living room.

Not sure what the point of my post is, think I just needed some sounding off time!

Replies

• ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    ah well.
  • ledack
    ledack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I beat myself if I don't go to the gym or do a workout, but sometimes I am soooo tired and lose the movtivation. I don't even have small children at home... My only excuse is that I'm old... :smile:
  • ang16
    Options
    Thank you for responding, nice to know im not alone.

As for your age, you dont look a day over 21!LOL

JUst needed someone to talk to about it all. Thanks.
  • MiaNdresMama
    Options
    I feel ya girl! We all get days like that thanks to our monthly cycles and the constant hormone changes that ultimately reflect our energy levels!
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I had just posted a 'self loathing' thread earlier today. I was NOT motivated to work out today. I'm in extreme 'I Hate Erica' mode and I am having a really hard time getting out of it. Rather than cry about it and stuff my face full of MnM's, I suited up in my workout clothes and did the exercise session I had scheduled for today. The end result? I got my blood pumping, my muscles bulging, and for even just a little while, I felt somewhat better. It didn't take long to start complaining to myself about the fact that this routine was only half an hour, that I only burned ~300 calories, but I had to take a step back and tell myself look, dammit, you did the workout, you burned the calories, you ate as planned, give yourself some damn credit!!

I figure if I keep posting about giving credit to ourselves where credit is due, I'll start to follow my own advice ;)

Keep your chin up!
  • ledack
    ledack Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lol...tell that to my grandchildren! Thank you, you're a sweetheart.
  • ang16
    Options
    no problem :)
  • ang16
    Options
    You are not alone. I had just posted a 'self loathing' thread earlier today. I was NOT motivated to work out today. I'm in extreme 'I Hate Erica' mode and I am having a really hard time getting out of it. Rather than cry about it and stuff my face full of MnM's, I suited up in my workout clothes and did the exercise session I had scheduled for today. The end result? I got my blood pumping, my muscles bulging, and for even just a little while, I felt somewhat better. It didn't take long to start complaining to myself about the fact that this routine was only half an hour, that I only burned ~300 calories, but I had to take a step back and tell myself look, dammit, you did the workout, you burned the calories, you ate as planned, give yourself some damn credit!!

I figure if I keep posting about giving credit to ourselves where credit is due, I'll start to follow my own advice ;)

Keep your chin up!

yeah, I did some sit ups and some weights just there. It will have burned what I needed to for the day to have stayed at my calorie allowance so im happy. Tomorrow is a new day and I have a class to look forward to :) its nearly 10pm here so Im going go to bed and will put in extra effort tomorrow :)

Thanks for your uplifting and motivating post :)
  • ang16
    Options
    I feel ya girl! We all get days like that thanks to our monthly cycles and the constant hormone changes that ultimately reflect our energy levels!

This is so true:)

Im actually waiting to see if I am pregnant or not so im either due my cycle or i am expecting (this would be great as miscarried a few mnths ago) so glad I have kick started exercise plan again, as I will certainly be continuing throughout pregnancy as long as is possible :)