Great white North-any Canadians??

Options
Hi all
Although I have been using MFP for about a month I have yet to post....so here I am introducing myself! LOL
Live in northern Canada (Prince george, BC), 40'ish, married, no kids...just dogs(hunting types). I work in law enforcement and am outgoing and opinionated. I come from a long line of big-mouths lol! La-la-love the outdoors, fish and hunt, hike and explore. Im also a Non-hodgekins cancer survivor...7 years clean!!Yay-ME!!I LOVE RUNNIING!! I feel powerful and strong when I run. I have been training to run 10k, and have done it 2x on my treadmill, which still counts!! Have not had the courage yet to enter a race (then I would have to run infront of people!!!EEEEKK!) but really really want to take the show outside. I'm just really self conscious about my body and how it moves, all the wobbly bits....sigh. I am 5'7", and 185 lbs, which I realize is some peoples goal weight (just to keep it in perspective....)I dont have as much to lose and havent really decided on a number that I can live with. I was a WW girl from way back and miss the support of the weekly weigh in, but flattly refuse to pay 15+$ to stand on a scale. I have been setting small weight and fitness goals, 5 lbs/5k, and have not really met the weight goals, I have been meeting the running and fitness goals. I hope to meet like minded people who will give me swift kick in the pants with the truth boot, to help keep me on track. Someone who can help me set and meet goals, and maybe someone who will commit to running a 5k race with me!!!???LOL

Replies

• light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How about far enough north in MN to be jokingly called a Canadian? :) I'm originally from the border town of International Falls.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'm in Quebec. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • cndraycott
    cndraycott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm from Toronto Ontario! Good luck with your goals. You can add me if you'd like.
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, BC area - welcome, eh!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Ft St John, but am in Alberta outside Medicine Hat now... Good luck!! I've been having some results with this site, and wish you the same!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Calgary Alberta baby! Avid runner as well
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ohh well look at that I just got backf rom PG visiting the family:-)
    I live by Edson Alberta and we are coming regularly to PG during the sommer month!
    I would be open to run a 5k with you I just signed up for my first one here and it is on june 4th.
    just add me if you like :-)
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Vancouver BC

not exactly the great white north part of canada, but i think we're great!

I finally don't hate running, i'm' really learning to love it actually. Although I still find it really hard to start, once I'm running, I'm happy.
  • lisapickering
    lisapickering Posts: 374
    Options
    Yep, I'm from Toronto!
  • Slaying_All_Day
    Slaying_All_Day Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Toronto, Ontario here! Good luck with your goals! :)
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    North Central Saskatchewan :) And have recently started running as well and found that I love it!! Not sure what it is the most that I love - the time away from kids and hubby - just for me, the outdoors, or the way I feel immediately afterwards but i love it!! I'm going to add you. I was wondering if there were many canuckers on here.