I dream I could just wish away the extra pounds....

Options
I dream I could just wish away the extra pounds. If only it could be that easy. Now in my forties, I feel that loosing weight is so much harder. In my twenties, within one week I was down 5 pounds, in my 30's, maybe it would take 8-10 days, but now, it seems it can take weeks! And I have heard that in your fifties, all you do is look at food and gain pounds. So frustrating! It is what it is, however, and it's time to take control again. This time, I will not starve myself but gently lower the caloric intake, up the exercise and get rid of "bad for you":smile::smile: fatty foods. This will be my new diet for life! Once I have reached my desire goal weight, I can splurge once in a while on a margarita (my favorite!), a brownie (another favorite!) or spaghetti bolognese (the ultimate favorite!). I am embracing this new way of living, and I have been able to be at a healthy weight before and I am determined to do it again!

Replies

• dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    You didn't lose 5 pounds of fat in a week. Don't worry about those old days. They don't exist.
  • sctaylor74
    sctaylor74 Posts: 14
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world. Sounds like your heading down the right path:)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the older you get the harder it is! but you can do it, don't loose sight of your goals.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to get healthy. My mom is 61 and she has lost nearly 20 lbs doing what you say you are going to do. You can do it!
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Good luck with your goals!
    You could make a healthy Spag Bol?
    Trim mince, tin of tomaroes, tomato puree, herbs add some veges (grated carrot, zuccini, mushrooms, capsicum) and adjust limit the pasta and cheese you have with it?

We have having spag bol tonight which i am not even making partuclly healthly and it is not too bad. It is convinience dinner night tonight in our house so am using a jar of sauce instead of making it from scratch. Its in my diary if you want to have a look :o)
  • MochaSugamama217
    Options
    I hear what you are saying, at least for me It's been tough to change. Keep your head up and your will strong :) You can do this!
  • lorenadorhout
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I think we all wish we could dream or wish the pounds away. But you are not alone! I was just thinking today of a friend who has been a real inspiration to me. She is in her early 70s and was needing a hip replacement. With diet alone (she has mobility issues so can't really do much exercise) she managed to lose 30+ pounds. In no way, shape, or form was it easy for her, but she did it! And now she says she's struggling to keep the weight off, but she's doing it. I told her she was one of my inspirations and we are encouraging each other to keep on pressing on in spite of the difficulties. She really makes me think - NO EXCUSES!!!
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    Good luck! Great attitude!