Whole life challenge January 2015

Options
Is anyone doing WLC that starts January 17, 2015? I would love to get a MFP group together for a more social and supportive endeavour.

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Not sure what it is but, why would you wait for the new year? Just start today..
  • fancy34668
    Options
    please explain what it is.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    http://www.wholelifechallenge.com/

The Whole Life Challenge is the 56-day online game that allows you to affect lasting change in your life.

While everyone wants to look and feel better, it can be a challenge to know how or where to start. The Whole Life Challenge focuses you on the key areas of your life that produce real, life long changes. Playing together with your friends and family in a fun and motivating daily game, you’ll create new healthy habits that last long after it ends.

It is based on clean and paleo style eating.
  • Wondertje
    Wondertje Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So basically you pay $40 for having someone pat your back and tell you you've earned a point for drinking enough water and sleeping enough that night? I don't quite see the point if it.

Personally I made something up myself called "The Game of Life" since I'm a gamer, and all it takes is an Excel spreadsheet, and I make up little monthy goals for myself and award myself points for keeping them, and then I have one spreadsheet with my "Character Stats" that I can level based on the goals I've finished. It's fun, easy and completely free. I can send templates to anyone who would be interested in doing something like this, and not wanting to pay $40 to do it :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well first I'd ask myself what my goals are? eg lose weight, get fit, apply moisturiser daily

Then I'd work out how to meet those goals - using free support like MFP

And then I'd use the $40 I'd just saved (because it's free money now) to buy myself something shiny
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Actually, I got a free pass code and didn't pay anything. But I am hoping to find others on MFP that are doing it too.
  • ArgyleWerewolf
    ArgyleWerewolf Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I did the Autumn 2014 one and it changed my life. I'm doing the January 2015 with some friends!

Edit: I'm on a team that's just for people I know IRL, but it would be fun to be part of a second team for MFP friends too. If there's interest, I could create one.
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now with a group of friends.