low calorie and high fibre

Options
ok, it is time to shake it all up a bit. since baby been born i am stuck in the ready meal trap and rarely eat fruit. so on my shopping list this week i have planned to have at least 3 proper meals. i so far have blueberrys, bananas, grapes and kiwi fruit. sweetcorn, peas, carrots, low fat yogurt, potaties, tomatoe, cucumber, ham, wholemeal bread, chicken breasts. and i hate fruit but it is time i did this. so i am looking for low calorie but high fibre foods. not just meal ideas but snack ideas too. i want to get my fibre in my diet up before i work on my protein

thanks in advamce
laura

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    when eating fruit try to limit the higher sugar fruits and stick to melons and berries...
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal with the honey puffs and soy twigs in it has 10 gram fiber per serving and 140 calories in 1 cup (and only 6 grams of sugar) AND 9 gm of protein.

And don't wait to work on protein.... hard to put muscle mass back that you lose from weight loss, try to maintain what you have - muscle burns fat!
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    are you based in the USA? because i don't think we can get that here in the uk. i usually have carbs for breakfast but not enough fibre, so maybe i should add strawberrys (not in season but hey ho) and plums to my list too. i might also try alpen or something along those lines. my instant thought is yuck but needs must.. that's my excuse for everything, i don't like it! time to retry foods i don't love but don't hate either. is peanut butter high in fibre? thanks in advance
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    oh and i have 40 percent body muscle (according to my scales) with body fat of 19.7 percent and body water of 59 percent