does anyone allow themselves 1 treat per day

Options
i have allowed myself one piece of chocolate per day, i am low carb but being able to have 1 chocolate a day is really helping me get through it. anyone else allow themselves something similar?

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not with such regularity, but it sounds like it works for you! Enjoy!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I enjoy pretty much everything in moderation.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have a dessert every night (usually 90 -150 calories). I make sure it fits in my calories for the day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd have killed someone and gone on a binge if I didn't work in "treats" (however you use that term) every day. I don't think of them as "treats", but I have dessert after my 2 meals.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do. I have one piece of chocolate after dinner. But I always make sure it fits into my daily calories.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yep. I eat what I want. Some days they don't fit, most days they do.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Daily, if it fits calorie wise.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not a low carb eater or anything else like that. But I have lost 138 lb eating regular treats. Daily at least. I just try to choose smarter things, like dark chocolate or a small measured scoop of ice cream. However a few times a week I do have something like pie or a big cookie. I don't have trouble fitting it in.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat a lot of desserts. I treat it like a "sometimes" food. It's like a conduit to binging for me, so I try to be careful. :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I enjoy pretty much everything in moderation.

^^^ This!!!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    no, I allow two.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks do. I'm not one of them. I've met goal, have been maintaining for 7 months and have found I often times have no control (about 70% of the time perhaps) when it comes to the things I consider treats such as cakes, ice cream, chocolates, chips, cheese, beef stick. I'm still working on that with a goal of being able to eat anything/everything in moderation.
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is my theory. If it fits, it slips.

If the treats fit into your calorie allowance, then the weight will still slip off.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    When I am pre-logging my dinner and bedtime snack, I see what I have left and if I have enough calories and carbs leftover, I will treat myself to a beer, hard cider, or glass of wine with dinner.

I am not a big sweets eater so I rarely eat any. If I do, it is usually when I am eating elsewhere like a special occasion dinner where there will be birthday cake or at book club where there is always M&M's. I know they will be available and I plan ahead for them and don't consider them treats.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have something treat like every day. Sometimes chocolate. Sometimes wine.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I enjoy everything I like in moderation :D If it fits my calories for the day, I'm going to eat it and enjoy myself. I used to overly restrict what I eat, putting foods in "good" and "bad" categories and whenever I did that, I'd soon fall off the weight loss wagon because I was miserable.
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input :)
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Gingerbread Oreos are my current treat favorite!!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I'll have a piece of chocolate or something. Or a Lindt truffle. (Amazing concentration of deliciousness for 79 calories!)

I'm of the fitting calories and no evil foods school.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! The nice part about MFP is it allows you to plan ahead so you can eat in moderation. If you know that you like certain foods that might be call treats then plug those calories in first for the day. After that you then can determine what your menus will be for the rest of the day. The snack section of meal planning is the perfect place to add all those foods you call treats. Tip: One of the most successful forms of staying on track is to do meal planning the day before you plan to eat them.