44 time for a change

well this is my first day of being a myfitnesspal. 44 year old with secondary infertility and suffered lower disc protusion from a bad accident (balcony collapse) four years ago - back is now strong - after two ivf's and loads of infertility now time to get my life back on track. I loved the food calorie log - wow it makes the diet seem so much easier. Thanks to my dear friend - Maui - who got me on this today! Tried many diets and failed - no will power but I have a friend and this website to get me through the next 30 days - 30 days can then go into months then into a lifetime!! I have nailed a pair of jeans onto the wall - attempt to fit on on day 30 here's hoping - SANDY 44

Replies

• well this is my first day of being a myfitnesspal. 44 year old with secondary infertility and suffered lower disc protusion from a bad accident (balcony collapse) four years ago - back is now strong - after two ivf's and loads of infertility now time to get my life back on track. I loved the food calorie log - wow it makes the diet seem so much easier. Thanks to my dear friend - Maui - who got me on this today! Tried many diets and failed - no will power but I have a friend and this website to get me through the next 30 days - 30 days can then go into months then into a lifetime!! I have nailed a pair of jeans onto the wall - attempt to fit on on day 30 here's hoping - SANDY 44
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Hi Sandy-- well, jump on in-- the water here is warm and lovely. You can SOOOOOO do this. And we'll help. We laugh, we cry, we fuss and feud-- but we're all here for each other like any good "family" should be-- so, bring your baggage on in and join the fun.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Hi Sandy-- well, jump on in-- the water here is warm and lovely. You can SOOOOOO do this. And we'll help. We laugh, we cry, we fuss and feud-- but we're all here for each other like any good "family" should be-- so, bring your baggage on in and join the fun.
    :happy: I LOVE THAT!!! because it is so true (and heart-warming).
  • THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.

ONLY DAY 3 BUT WE ARE NOT STRUGGLING - THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WILL BE WHEN MY CYCLE STARTS THAT IS WHEN I REALLY STRUGGLE FIRST WEIGH IN IS NEXT WEEK - FINGERS CROSSED - EVEN IF I HAVE NOT LOST I AM NOT UPSET - THE DAILY EXERCISE AND HEALTHY EATING HAS JUST GIVEN ME A BOOST OVER THE LAST TWO DAYS - ENERGY AND THINKING CLEARLY!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    I turned 44 yesterday and have found it ain`t so bad.:tongue:

Hope you have fun here. :smile:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Hey! I turned 44 back in August! I realize that I'm never going to be any younger than I am right now, and I might as well take advantage of it. I think I may still have some hottie potential tucked away somewhere! Welcome! This is a great site.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    well this is my first day of being a myfitnesspal. 44 year old with secondary infertility and suffered lower disc protusion from a bad accident (balcony collapse) four years ago - back is now strong - after two ivf's and loads of infertility now time to get my life back on track. I loved the food calorie log - wow it makes the diet seem so much easier. Thanks to my dear friend - Maui - who got me on this today! Tried many diets and failed - no will power but I have a friend and this website to get me through the next 30 days - 30 days can then go into months then into a lifetime!! I have nailed a pair of jeans onto the wall - attempt to fit on on day 30 here's hoping - SANDY 44
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP Sandy!

1 day gets you to 2 days....then 3 days...1 week, 1 month..... gets you life!:bigsmile: Life on a more healthy journey with great rewards!!

Sounds like you're well on your way and kick started into a positive mind set and motivation!:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • THANKS GIVING WAS TOUGH - YES WENT OVER THE CALORIES BUT DON'T FEEL THAT I OVER DID IT --- YES ONE LESS GLASS OF WINE AND NOT HAVING A DESSERT WOULD HAVE HELPED

AMAZING TO SEE THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES THAT STACK UP WHEN YOU START ENTERING IN WHAT YOU ATE THE NIGHT BEFORE --- YIKES!

TODAY BACK ON TRACK - NOW HAVE A CLEAR IDEA OF WHAT I NEED TO DO TO COPE WITH CHRISTMAS DAY.

LOOKING FORWARD TO ACHIEVING MY FIRST WEEK AND SEEING WHAT WEIGHT I HAVE RELEASED! MY FRIEND TOLD ME TO USE THE WORD RELEASE - BECAUSE TO LOSE SOMETHING YOU SOMETIMES MIGHT FIND IT AGAIN!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY - IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND SUNNY DOWN HERE IN THE TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS
  • Bobbie145
    "Release the pounds". I love that! I'm going to start using that myself! Have a great day!
  • BAD DAY - WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR DAY IS SO MANIC THAT YOU CAN'T FIT IN THE SNACKS AND THE MENU PLAN -- BREAKFAST WAS OKAY, LUNCH WAS SMOOTHIE AND THEN THIS AFTERNOON AT 5PM WAS A SMALL APPLE - JUST SAT DOWN TO A MEAL - NOT FATTENING BUT I DID SAVOUR THE 6OZ OF TENDERLOIN . BY THAT TIME MY BODY WAS CRAVING FOOD.
    IT IS THE MANIC DAYS THAT MAKE ME FAIL.
  • Bobbie145
    Hey, Sandy: How's it going today? Just remember every day is a fresh start and a new opportunity. Not every day can be a good one, but we can always begin again. How's your weather today? I'd love to see a picture from where you live. I bet it is beautiful! Bobbie
  • TODAY IS BETTER - NOT SURE I WANT TO STICK WITH THE BEACH BODY DIET - JUST PREFER TO COUNT MY CALORIES - I CAN'T FACE COTTAGE CHEESE AND PINEAPPLE AT BREAKFAST NOR CAN I FACE TOFU FOR AN EVENING MEAL. IS IT WRONG TO PICK AND CHOOSE FOOD FROM VARIOUS DIETS IN ORDER TO MEET YOUR CALORIE GOAL INTAKE??
    TEMPTED TO JOINT HE JILLIAN PROGRAMME - HAS ANYONE ELSE SIGNED ONTO THAT PROGRAMME?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I started this journey on Jan 2, 2008. Turned 44 on Jan 9, and have been going at it since. There is something to be said about 44 year olds...woohoo
  • Bobbie145
    Was 1964 just a fabulous year or what?!?:happy:
  • I AGREE - 1964 WAS A GREAT YEAR!

LOOK AT ALL THE AMAZING PEOPLE IT PRODUCED - US!!:laugh: