Ideas for Girl's Night in

Options
Hi! So every week my friends and I get together and craft, eat tasty food and gab about whatever. Tonight it's going to be at my house, so I have to think of what to have for food.

My current idea is to have popcorn kernels and paper bags, to make our own microwave popcorn, and have different seasonings available. What other healthy delicious stuff could I have available?

Replies

• jgaht
    jgaht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't know what kind of food your interested in, but when I have a night in with friends I usually pick up Kroger's Private Selection Salmon with some brie. Serve it with some crackers/wheat thins. The Salmon is full of protein and low-cal. When cheese is added, it always gets a little more calorie-expensive, but I love the combo!
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Cut up fruits/veggies and hummus:) Whole wheat toritllas with light cheese, mozzarella for example (quesadilla) and low sodium salsa:)
  • schuchman56
    schuchman56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun! Cute idea with the popcorn! I love hummus and pita chips or pretzel thins or salsa with baked tortillas. I also have had angel food cake with fruit and made a yogurt dip - small container of fruit yogurt mixed with light cool whip. Hope you have a great time with your friends!
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i like the hummus idea. Plus, stuffed mushrooms can be an easy and low cal appetizer. Fruit and cheese platter, nuts, veggies and dip. if you are in the mood to cook I have a bunch of recipes I can offer
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We do this about once a month. My other 2 friends are not concerned about healthy food so their contribution is usually junk. I do cut veggies with dip, fruit with dip or some chips and salsa. I make chocolate covered strawberries last time and they were awesome! Our next get together is next Friday and we are getting a place at the beach. I have no idea what we are eating so I will check back and see what ideas you get!
  • beautymama2011
    Options
    i really yummy desert is you buy staberrys cut them in three length ways, blue berrys and what ever fruit you like and mix into a bowl of whipped cream its hecka good
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These ideas sound really good! I'm lucky that all my friends are also either trying to lose weight or stay healthy. So far stuffed mushrooms sound amazing, and the fruit. I'll only have an hour at home before they arrive, so whatever I make will have to be fast.
  • careyjean
    careyjean Posts: 3
    Options
    Hummus with baby carrots is yummy! When I have company at the last minute, I grab an avocado (I have to always have THESE on hand!), tomatoes, garlic (onion, if I have it) and little lime juice and mix it all up in my magic bullet to make a quick guacamole.
  • ilikeher
    ilikeher Posts: 78
    Options
    Here's something that you could make. It's a layered dip, I literally take this to every party, family event, etc. that I go to. It's healthy and has a lot of flavor.

The bottom layer is supposed to be sour cream and cream cheese mixed but I use plain nonfat yogurt because it tastes the same and is so much better for you
    So its plain nonfat yogurt on the bottom, diced tomatoes over that, lettuce (chopped small) on top of that followed by diced onions, green and black olives (you can buy these already sliced), a thin layer of taco sauce after that and then a thin layer of shredded cheese (nonfat) to top it off. You add everything in layers so it just covers whatever is under neither it. Grab a bag or two of unsalted tortilla chips. This dip is always a hit!

Good luck, Enjoy your girls night
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something fun to make together instead of just serving food then making your own sushi is always good. Healthy and nutritious plus lots of giggles while you try and make it and compete to make the best sushi rolls!! :smile:
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The bottom layer is supposed to be sour cream and cream cheese mixed but I use plain nonfat yogurt because it tastes the same and is so much better for you
    So its plain nonfat yogurt on the bottom, diced tomatoes over that, lettuce (chopped small) on top of that followed by diced onions, green and black olives (you can buy these already sliced), a thin layer of taco sauce after that and then a thin layer of shredded cheese (nonfat) to top it off. You add everything in layers so it just covers whatever is under neither it. Grab a bag or two of unsalted tortilla chips.
    This sounds awesome! I'm having company Sunday - I'm going to make it!! I wonder if a layer of black beans would be good too? Thanks!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    bump
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    this one's kind of fancy... but a friend made it for me and it is DELICIOUS.

thinly slice a few pears to cover the bottom of a (lightly sprayed) baking dish.

Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes so it softens.

scatter some brie over the top. drizzle with some vanila liquer.

sprinkle with chopped walnuts and craisins.

put in the oven until the brie is melted.

SO. GOOD.
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow that pear-brie dish sounds amazing! I don't have any ripe pears right now, but this is definitely going on my "make" list!
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chips and salsa and the baked ones are good. Also Trader Joe's has a fat-free spicy bean dip that is so yummy!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    I just saw a WW dip on FB that was just 1/2 nonfat greek yogurt and 1 TBSP of ranch dip mix. I made it and ate it with pepper slices. That was really good. There is another recipe I have used for something sweet and it's portion controlled too. It's 1 tub of fat free whipped cream (let it sit out of the freezer for a little bit but not completely thawed), 1/4 cup PB (I use simply jif) and chocolate syrup. Mix the pb and whipped cream then scoop that mix into a muffin pan (makes 8) then drizzle some of the syrup on top and freeze. Soooo good!