Insecurity

Options
So I am trying to get back to at least a BMI of 20 (rn 19.4) to be healthy again. People openly tell/told me I looked to skinny and I hated the comments and looks I got from my new classmates. Started eating more and exercise regularly plus strength and I see great results after 2 months. I don't think people notice too much but I am afraid of them thinking I "failed and yoyo-ed". Even though the gain is WANTED and I also had the newbie muscle gain so I actually look slimmer.
To you out there who were brave enough to stick with it - did people notice and how were you treated? I just need some advice thanks

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You know what I think? It doesn't matter what I think. It also doesn't matter what your classmates think. The only thing that should matter is you focusing on yourself and your health and if you want to be lean and muscular, you get your butt out there and do it. Think of yourself and screw the rest. :) Be happy.
  • sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You're absolutely right but I still hope for positive reactions. Actually I don't want any reactions. I want nobody to care about bodies, what you look like. As long a you're healthy... I still would not mind some encouragement though
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You're looking at it all wrong. Someone is always going to find you too skinny, too fat, too tall, too short, too blonde, too nice, too quiet, etc.. People will always be dumb and say dumb things, no matter how well or how badly you are doing. Not giving a crap about other people's reaction should be step one. Avoid/ignore idiots and seek out like-minded friends. You will be much better off.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    learn how to say

"stuff off"

because once you pick a goal- you must drive toward it with unrelenting purpose- regardless of what other thinks. The ocean does not care what the cliff's thinks- they only continue to pound upon them because it's what they do.

Dope's right- find support with others of like mind- or have been on the path and understand.

Someone will ALWAYS question you- you have to believe in yourself and your goal.
  • sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.
    Of course you are all right and I realised something now. Anything (any situation or state) has pro's and con's... so I just have to focus on the pro's and stop giving a *kitten*. It's quite difficult here in a catholic, super sad (all the older people are still nazis) tiny village in Austria to not care about gossip, etc. I hope one day I will be as confident as all of you
  • sonalimahanti
    Options
    I feel you.. I dropped to 37 kgs and im still trying to gain back the weight i lost. I was about 48 before losing everything. Iv had to deal with people telling me how skinny i am openly.. Some commenting on my arms and legs even my boobs shrunk with the sudden weight loss.. You name it and i heard it. And in front of a ton of other people. It hurts. Yeah. But then i think hell when im 30 (and when you are too), and all those other people are over weight with bellies.. We can strut around in our shorts and short tops and blow them off! Just believe that your beautiful. And work out. Work out and then eat and eat and eat!!! It should all work out.. :) cheers!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    "Other peoples' opinions of you are none of your business."
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Other people do not spend nearly as much time thinking about you as you think they do.
  • lyzxyzzy
    lyzxyzzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 pound up on my high school weight. Look at the profile pic. Do you notice? Strength=Respect . This is true with both physical and mental strength. It's your body, you have one shot at it.

Other peoples' opinions are nice to have when they are helpful and proven scientifically. Ignore them when they are wrong, biased, or based on jealousy. Their thoughts are not your reality -- unless _you_ allow it to be.