What to eat for dinner?

Options
I had a terribly busy day and did not have a chance to make anything to bring with me for dinner tonight at work (work 2nd shift) and I have no clue what to eat. All the food in the cafeteria is overcooked and WAY too high in sodium and everywhere else around me is fast food. I have 598 cals left for the rest of the day. The options for going out for food would be Chic FIl-a (i'm guessing their wraps are okay-ish) or Chipotle(salad or bowls). Everything else is just like McD's or BK or Taco Bell and that is what I am so desperately trying not to get caught back up in.

What would be my best bet ?

Replies

• carmelcorn
    carmelcorn Posts: 7
    Options
    If there is a subway in your area you can always turn your favorite sub sandwich into a salad.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    IS there not a grocery store within a mile or so where you can go pick up a salad, or fresh fruit?
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    if u have to go to fast food taco bell 2 fresco style tacos 300 cal
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Mcd's grilled chicken salads are not THAT bad. Look them up on here! All three are about 300 calories!

1178051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    looked at their nutrional info online:

Chick-fil-A® Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich – 300 Calories

Side Salad – 70 Calories

or

Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips® Salad – 470 Calories

Total Calories: 470

excluding condiments
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A nuggets are not a total diet killer. I get the 8 piece, no fires and use the honey mustard dipping suace. High in protein. ANd they have fruit or side salads there too. And I like their diet lemonade too! Man, now I want chic fil a! They are 290 cal, 28g proitein!
  • sayteevah
    sayteevah Posts: 7
    Options
    Chipotle bowl with chicken and black beans, lettuce and salsa but no guac, cheese or sour cream should get you pretty close.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    chipotle is a very good option I get a burrito bowl and it is only 385 calories

I get rice, chicken, pinto beans, 2 scoops of the fresh tomato salsa, 1 of the medium salsa (for a little heat), and 2 handfuls of lettuce. It is very filling just dont get the cheese, guacomole, or sour cream because that is where the calories really add up.

Hope this helps
  • farmgirl88
    farmgirl88 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Chipotle! They use better ingredients (and the food is a lot less processed than typical fast food).

You do have to be careful tho... a burrito bowl can have close to 750 or even 1,000 calories if you add too much. The salad is your best bet.

My favorite combination: chicken, black beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, corn salsa, and a little sour cream OR cheese. I skip the dressing if I get a salad--too much fat and sugar.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I had Chickfila for lunch today. I had the original sandwich, carrot raisin salad and a large diet lemonade for a total of 590 cal. I also just read on CFA's site that you can ask for the sandwich without the butter on the bread and save 30 cal. Trading the carrot raisin for a side salad or fruit cup would save cal too.