homemade pb

Options
i just made my first homemade peanut butter using ready salted peanuts as i couldn't find raw ones, sitll turned out prity good and i'm storing it in the fridge. only thing is i'm not too sure how long it might last without going off.
any thoughts?

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Probably the same as store bought peanut butter.

Is it oily on top? That should stop it from going mouldy.
  • cheretv
    Options
    The only trouble with homemade peanut putter is it gets hard to spread in the fridge. I have never had this kind go bad on me. It would be better if you can find unsalted though. At our grocery store they have a bulk section where we buy freshly ground peanut butter.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Just wanted to throw it out there that valencia peanuts make amazing, slightly sweet peanut butter. If you can get your hands on them, you will not be disappointed.

I used to use the nut grinder at my health food store to make fresh peanut butter and I know it stays good for at least 2 weeks. I've never actually had a tub last any longer than that, though, so I don't know what the upper limit is.
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    Options
    i had read that peanut butter usually separates but mine hasn't, i'm keeping it in the fridge its been there for 2 days and is still spreads easily.