my wife read online that people get fit to look good in bed for others outside the relationship ouch

what are your thoughts and feelings my friends

Replies

• because I know that's not my intention but I could see it as a possibility for others

• agreed 100 percent
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    There is no room for doubt or jealousy in a healthy relationship. Also, there are as many bad relationship advice articles online as there are bad dieting or parenting advice. I hope she doesn't take any of that seriously.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    If you look then you can find almost any opinion on the internet, whilst am sure some people will get fit to look good, then am not sure on what basis whatever she was reading has decided its for people outside a relationship? What was the article based on and how does it reach that conclusion? Did they just make it up? Does your wife believe it?
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    .... What about athletes and professions that require fitness....
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    They are the worst obviously, all looking to cheat with other athletes at all those meets around the world. They are just faster and have more endurance though.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    I don't understand @newmeadow are you saying that only single people should work out?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Sheesh. What is the world coming to?

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.
    giphy.gif
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    edited December 2014
    lacroyx wrote: »
    What in the word are people doing in bed with others when they're already bound to an existing relationship?

I don't think they have to worry about how they look, if they're already bedding some dillweed who will do them when they're already spoken for. Once you talk someone into bed to indulge in an adulterous fling, appearances don't matter so much anymore.

Only single people should be doing sit ups and yoga and kickboxing and diets and stuff. And even then, it's really only inviting trouble since most single people have a defective social filter. They'll open the door to any moron carrying an FTD bouquet.

what-the-*kitten*-o.gif
  • Chan8ll8
    Chan8ll8 Posts: 153 Member
    hehehehe @999tigger. Damn athletes!

Everyone has their own reasons to become fit. Health should be the number one reason, but sadly, there are those who take their partners for granted and will invite or accept sexual attention from others outside the relationship. Clearly their heart isn't in the right place if they are willing to do that. That's when you pack their things and leave it at the gym for them!

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I read online that Hitler was the last hope for white people and that since his failure, all hope for pure whites is doomed.

You read many things online. Not all are worth considering seriously.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2014
    Uh....maybe if they're unhappy in their relationship, they feel they need to look better to be on the hunt again. On my end, losing weight has just boosted my sex drive for my current husband. Whom I love. I guess it goes both ways.
    Its probably just insecurity on the part of someone who would say this to you.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    lacroyx wrote: »

giphy.gif

^^LOL - my sentiments exactly!! this person's post...has GOTT to be in jest....
  • GinGerSnapS713
    GinGerSnapS713 Posts: 37 Member
    Definitely true in my case. My husband too. We work out together though, so it's all good.
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    I've never had a relationship so... I do it to feel good. Literally so I'm not asphyxiating on my own belly when I tie my shoes.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    I work out for myself and my husband appreciates it. After 26 years of marriage he still chases me around. And then I chase him. Aerobic exercise you know. Then I let him catch me. :). He has no issues with someone else checking me out, he is pleased that I feel good about myself. If people are cheating it has to do with what is going on in their heads and hearts, obviously they feel they are not getting something from their relationship emotionally or physically so they go elsewhere, the body changes may just be a catalyst. The weight/shape was thought to be the problem but after losing it and the issues are still there then it was apparently something else in the relationship.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Definitely true in my case. My husband too. We work out together though, so it's all good.

the title is to look good in bed for others outside the relationship - I presume you're swingers then?
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    edited December 2014
    This is my husbands worst fears right here. Which has nothing to do with why I want to get in shape. It's basically his insecurity, not my intention to seek out others attentions! Hey heavy girls cheat too!
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Phrick wrote: »

the title is to look good in bed for others outside the relationship - I presume you're swingers then?

Lolol, I have the best friends!!