What red numbers are you happy to see?

Options
When looking at your diary at the end of the day, what do you like seeing in red, or at least don't mind?

I am happy to see my fiber in red. I am sort of happy if my protein is in red. I'm kind of "meh" if my sodium or fat are in red. As long as total calories and carbs are in green or at "0" I am satisfied with my day.

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I like seeing fiber in red. I don't see it too often. This past week, I ate a Quest bar each day, so my fiber was in red.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fiber, protein, definitely. But I really don't care if carbs or fat are over for the day so long as my protein is met either (they kind of change places being a bit over or under, although I'm over on fat more often than carbs). In fact, the only thing I'm currently tracking that bothers me to be over is calories. (The one I haven't mentioned yet is iron, and I'm mostly just watching it to see what it is and if it can be accurately tracked.)
  • MyssPhytt
    MyssPhytt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I like to see fibre above and protein at or above. I try to keep sodium below, but carbs and fat I don't worry about as long as my calories aren't significantly over. I also pay no attention to the sugar recommendation. I'm not going to limit my fruit. Getting between me and a bowl of cherries is likely to cost you a finger >:) .

I've actually changed my settings so instead of sugar, my default view tracks Iron. As a vegetarian, I'm thrilled when that one is over, but normally I have to supplement. I find tracking has increased my intake, though. It just makes me more aware of it, so I tend to choose more iron rich foods.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I only check my calories
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I like to see fibre above and protein at or above. I try to keep sodium below, but carbs and fat I don't worry about as long as my calories aren't significantly over. I also pay no attention to the sugar recommendation. I'm not going to limit my fruit. Getting between me and a bowl of cherries is likely to cost you a finger >:) .

I've actually changed my settings so instead of sugar, my default view tracks Iron. As a vegetarian, I'm thrilled when that one is over, but normally I have to supplement. I find tracking has increased my intake, though. It just makes me more aware of it, so I tend to choose more iron rich foods.

I changed my settings so I track fiber instead of sugar. According to my doctor, total carbs is the number I should be paying attention to, not sugars. This is why carbs are the only thing, other than calories, I really make an effort to stay under my target.

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Protein
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Protein

+1
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I always have trouble meeting my protein. Especially when I exercise, and it increases how much protein I need.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so protein and iron are both important to me.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't really like to see in red is carbs, though I don't beat myself up about it. I like seeing fat in red, and protein I don't really mind about at all.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I don't mind any of them going into the red, since it's usually not by much and is accompanied by other green days. Except for sodium, which by my doctor's orders must be limited. I don't even track sugar, so I don't care what that is (not a sweet tooth, though).

Fiber is a minimum, so that is good to get into the red. I also consider most others as targets rather than ceilings, which I aim to be within +/- 10g or so.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Fiber is fine (20-25 works best for me, though.) Protein...if I can manage to turn that one red, I'd be glad. I am always way under on that. I should work harder than I do on protein.

I don't care about going over on carbs. Over or under, either is fine.

I need to work on keeping sodium and fat lower, so red there is a big failure.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I love to see my protein in red, which rarely happens.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would be kind of happy if my fiber number was red.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian who likes to keep her protein high (100 grams is what I shoot for), so yeah, that. And fiber. I need to keep that fairly high too.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    fiber and protein After that i would like my potassium higher.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Iron and potassium, cause I rarely get there.. everything else is pretty easy