CHANGE OF DIET AND EXERCISE FOR THE MENOPAUSAL WOMAN. Love to hear from you on what you doing

Options
Hi. My name is Val and I am 51 years old. I am now menopausal and I find it is hard to lose weight that I have gained, especially in my abdominal area. I cannot do what I did when I was in my 20s and 30s when I gained weight. I am trying to eat a healthy diet (more protein and calcium foods such as green vegetables for bone health) and more exercise as a way of life, not just going on a diet. I would love to hear from anyone who is going through the same and maybe we can all give each other ideas. Please make me a friend if you would like. Thanks.

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm older than you, but for me it turns out that there is no special forumula needed regardless of life stage. Just eat less and move more if you wish. Working for me.

55835802.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Like sodakat said, there's no special formula for menopausal women. You simply need to eat in a caloric deficit to lose weight.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request now. I had a little over 20 pounds to lose, and some muscle I needed to gain, when I found MFP last August. Logging food and exercise rigorously (NOT a diet!!,) adjusting my calorie intake to fit my real lifestyle not my imagined one, and getting in better shape so I COULD burn more calories were a big time help to me.

MFP and getting motivated friends here who log, comment, and burn EVERY DAY has been a great motivation!! YOU CAN DO IT, because I did LOL! Much happier minus the first 15 or so, and still in quest of better fitness :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Luckily I can do more now than when I was in my 20s or 30s.

Same thing works find a reasonable calorie deficit for you
    Log accurately and honestly
    Be consistent
    Find activities you enjoy doing .. for me that's lifting, biking and running.
    Have lots and lots of patience.
    I've lost over 120 lbs and I went through menopause early, but it is very possible.
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for great feedback!