Motivation Buddies

Options
I've been using MyFitnessPal on and off for a few years now. I'm back with a vengeance. I find it hard for me to remember to log my food items, and track my weight loss. Two years ago I managed to shed 50 pounds, and guess what, I was completely unsurprisingly able to eat it all back. I'm determined to shave it off once more but I think it'd be so much more helpful with some kind of support base. I think I'm capable of being helpful by offering a support base. It's friendships with a win-win.

So, here's a little about me. I'm a 5'7 26 year old female and my name is Nicole. I absolutely love to eat nothing but fruits and veggies. I'll eat meat- it's just not my to go to. I enjoy cooking way too much, and I used to be a baker. This really doesn't help my waistline. I'm a freelance illustrator, so I spend a lot of my time sitting and drawing, which also really doesn't help my waistline. I can jog about 2 or so miles, so I know I'm not entirely out of shape. For my size I don't look horrible, I hold my weight well... but 240+ pounds is not for me, this isn't what I wanted for myself. I'm too smart to be here, and I know better.

Whenever I put my mind to it, I can lose weight. I think I just get into really bad eating cycles that last for periods of a month to a year at a time where I have no self control. Probably depression related. I'm lucky to currently be on that opposite spectrum, which also may be inspired by stress, and I may be having too much control. When this happens I gorge on cucumber and lettuce and things happily for days, not craving anything else. I mentally add up all my calories consumed. I stay active when I'm awake, I insure 8 hours of sleep every night... It's been 6 pounds in 11 days. Obviously this isn't how it's supposed to work- I'm sure some is water weight. I think I just need people a little more enlightened than I am to help me tackle this problem the right way.

I want to help you too! I want to listen to your advice and I'd like to be friends. 2014 wasn't a great year for me in any regard. I'd like to make some serious lifestyle changes for 2015 and help you make yours. Thanks for reading!

Replies