Hi everybody!

Options
Hello all :smile: been lurking for awhile and I've finally decided to come out of hiding and say hello. I'll try to make my story short:

My weight gain started in high school while in the midst of an abusive relationship. After three years, I got the courage to leave that situation and in essence start my life over again. On a pell grant, I started going to college and fell in love with the subject of nutrition. However, I was given the impression by multiple people that I would never make it to being an RD because of my weight and that was a massive discouragement for me. Though I wanted so badly to continue on the RD track, I convinced myself that it just wasn't the field for me and tried to look for other things to do.

But the dream never died in me, and now here I am, pursuing it with everything I've got. This is my 'Journey' and I intend to make the most of it. Hopefully all goes well.

Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you to, add me if you want support along the way.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! You have got this, and MFP is a great place to start. Feel free to add me as a friend!