My bf dumped me

Options
shalaynegayle
shalaynegayle Posts: 5
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
My bf has dumped me 4 days before Christmas and 2 weeks before my birthday! *sigh* I really REALLY hope i dont start comfort eating!

Replies

• allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You wont if you dont let yourself. Keep yourself busy and enjoy Christmas with others
  • mamaelephant1989
    Options
    Chin up! Keep working hard. I know your pain. My boyfriend of 7 years left me ON my birthday in 2013. Trust it does get better. Here i am 2 years later with a new man and beautiful baby! Dont lose your progress over a man.
  • Greensherbert
    Greensherbert Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    so sorry. :(
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Success is the best revenge.
  • Thatliftingdude
    Options
    Just signed the divorce papers my wife sent me...I feel you.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You're too hot for him anyway - walk away with your head held high and find a man worthy of you.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    :( sorry to hear that.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
  • ashareem
    ashareem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Look on the bright side! How much did he weigh? You just lost that dead weight!!
  • Thatliftingdude
    Options
    I keep wanting to wake up...losing everything that makes you who you know...redefining yourself...everyday a new beginning...
  • TheZaschaFriis
    TheZaschaFriis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh I know how you feel. My boyfriend broke up with me 16 days ago. After having got each other presents and everything. Did it over a text message and I haven't heard from him since. Stay strong.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Make a plan for how you're going to care for and comfort yourself, one day at a time. Time with friends who understand? Make a date with a buddy, for a walk or the gym? A new workout outfit? Watch that show he couldn't stand (nothing like taking yourself back, aggressively!!)

Excess food's easy in the short term, but in the long term it hurts, and you've seen enough of that already -- don't give away your power and start hurting yourself too. All the best to you, you're not alone!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Did you keep the receipt for his Christmas gift? If so, take it back and get yourself something awesome and fitness related, and then go use it. Exercise is a great antidepressant.
  • Thatliftingdude
    Options
    Amen
  • TheZaschaFriis
    TheZaschaFriis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The problem is that I bought them already back in October, so the 28 days thing is long gone.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You'll look back at this later and be glad he's gone. Sorry it hurts now, though. <3
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I remember dumping a girlfriend years ago on her birthday. I still feel bad about the way I handled that one...
  • audreyanderson4
    audreyanderson4 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i got dumped 3 years ago on valentines day
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ZaschaF wrote: »
    The problem is that I bought them already back in October, so the 28 days thing is long gone.

Donate it to a charity for them to regift or you can sell it.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    ZaschaF wrote: »

If it's unopened and you have a receipt, a lot of places are lenient on that policy. Usually they'll give you store credit or an exchange.