George Michael's "Last Christmas" is worst Christmas song ever!

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Agree or disagree?

If you disagree, you're wrong

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    All Christmas songs suck. Especially since they've been playing them since before Thanksgiving.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    LOL! It may very well be the worst Christmas song ever, but I think some of the recent versions have made it worse. Then again, the original......so 1980's....*shudders*
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Christmas? Humbug!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Disagree. "Baby, it's cold outside" is the worst Christmas song ever. And possibly just the worst song ever. It's annoying and really creepy.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    All Christmas songs suck. Especially since they've been playing them since before Thanksgiving.

This. I would be perfectly fine w/not hearing any Christmas songs at all.
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Its Wham not just GM, so that makes it fantastic!! I love Wham...sadly..still..good to torture your teenage kids by :)
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    sassyjae21 wrote: »
    Disagree. "Baby, it's cold outside" is the worst Christmas song ever. And possibly just the worst song ever. It's annoying and really creepy.

What?! You don't like a song about a date rape in progress? :tongue:

Seriously though, that song is SO WRONG.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    No way.

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime makes me want to shove hot pokers in my ears.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

This. I would be perfectly fine w/not hearing any Christmas songs at all.

It makes me really happy that I'm not the only one who despises Christmas music. I get called such a Grinch/Scrooge/etc for it.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I can't friggen stand Bing Crosby and that low, shaky voice. Take your white Christmas and shove it in a dark place.

But seriously I've had enough of all of them. Santa Baby was blasting through a cheap speaker when I was getting gas the other night. I had to yell, "can we can it with the Christmas crap already??"
  • sixofsvn
    sixofsvn Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Damn, I was just going to say that my friend calls this the Date Rape Christmas Song! Say, what's in this drink???
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options

Yes, gotta love a little forced lovin around the holidays... at least he was offering her a couple drinks and a smoke.

AND the worst Christmas song... John Lennon - Happy Xmas (war is over) makes me want to kill myself.
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    You all are right. My sister calls that "the rape song" Ugh..plus I heard one version in a song one day, and at the end he's all like, "but if you go outside you'll get pneumonia and die". I don't know if that's in all versions, but he sings that all happily, and then it goes off. WTF. That song is really the worst.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I agree that song is awful......and the Paul McCartney song....and Baby it's Cold Outside....and Grandma got run over by a Reindeer.....and if I hear any more about little girls wanting hippos for Christmas or Chipmunks just wanting hoola hoops, I'm going to jump off something high!!!!
  • sassyjae21
    Options
    I can't friggen stand Bing Crosby and that low, shaky voice. Take your white Christmas and shove it in a dark place.

But seriously I've had enough of all of them. Santa Baby was blasting through a cheap speaker when I was getting gas the other night. I had to yell, "can we can it with the Christmas crap already??"

loling
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT and I love George Michael. I also love SANTA BABY. Diversity of thought and taste make this world a better place. I don't have to like everything everyone else does. My least favorite holiday song would probably be the one Adam Sandler did -- can't remember the name or Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Annie Lennox and her Christmas songs....ho ho hell.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Agree, agree - 100% agree with the OP...