NSV - Food Scale owner as of today!

Options
Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far!

After losing 20 pounds without counting calories, the last 10 are a little more stubborn.. I feel like they are not going to come off as easily so I thought of getting a food scale so I can start counting calories as accurately as possible :)

I just know this is really going to help. I'm late to the food-scale party but I made it!

Replies

• ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I love my food scale. You are going to be surprised at some foods you thought were 1 tablespoon, etc. Hope it works well for you.

Love the saying on your picture, by the way! Truth. LOL
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    excellent! my food scale is SO helpful!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I will probably have to get one when I get closer to my goal weight, but I have been doing really good without one. Down from 178 lbs. at the end of July to 148 lbs. as of today's date.
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    so far cashews and sugar have blown my mind.

In my mind, a teaspoon of sugar in my tea turned out to be actually 2.5 times more than an actual teaspoon.

As for cashews, im not even going to bother eating them anymore. a handful is 320 calories. some days i would eat half a tin. wow!!! loving the honesty right now. its very refreshing.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Food scales are amazing! There's this YouTube video where the guy lays out 2 days worth of food - each day's food looks identical - but one was weighed and one wasn't... Needless to say one table was diet friendly the other was not. Xx
  • Bruyere_62
    Bruyere_62 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my food scale. It is the key to my success. I recently just bought a new digital scale, to replace my old one. It is easy to add a little extra when just measuring out and those little extras add up. My scale puts it out there in black and white.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Getting my food scale tomorrow.
  • Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've also been thinking about getting one. Seeing the compliments its been getting as an aid for weight management (not only in this thread) I think I might get myself one for the start of the new year. Maybe it'll help me get these last stubborn pounds off. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A non-scale victory that involves a scale... (not that it matters, but) I approve!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I am kicking myself for waiting so long to get one. I thought it would "anorexic" to weight my food. I love my food scale now, and I still eat all the noms.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I owe a lot to MFP and my food scale...actually have had 2 (same brand but the first one gave me problems after a couple months - the store gladly gave me a replacement).

No way would I be where I am without my food scale -- it teaches you what certain portions look like of food you regularly eat (nice when you can't weigh) - I still have a few pounds to go - but I will have a food scale for ever and loving it...

73641431.png

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one. Thanks for sharing!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This gonna change your life. Period.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!