Frustrated PMS/Period Gain

Options
cdenae79
cdenae79 Posts: 12 Member
I hate feeling frustrated about this again but it is disheartening to see my weight fluctuate as it has in the past week and a half. I went from 327 to 333 during my period even though I was watching my calories and drinking my water. my period is over and I am only back down to 331. Any words of encouragement?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    be patient. The majority of women bloat on or around their periods, it's not fat gain unless you were over eating which it sounds like you weren't. It will reduce again. Be patient.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Patience is key, couple more days and it should be gone.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling frustrated. I recommend trying to find other ways to measure your weight-loss success, though, not just the number on a scale.

It will always fluctuate due to one thing or the other and if you will react then like you do now, you're causing your lots of stress and frustration for nothing. People have numerous other things they keep track of such as what the measuring tape says or what they see in the mirror or how the clothes fit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    learn to stop letting it bother you... its like being frustrated that monday follows sunday, or that night follows day... its just one of those things...

ensure you're drinking plenty of water to minimise bloating and keep tracking your weight, even with the fluctuations, so that you can see the (hopefully) downward trend...
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    It's just water retention.

Stop weighing in during those days. It's just a mind game.

I agree with this yet I don't.

If OP reads any of the "how often do you weigh yourself" threads, she will see that people, who weigh daily prefer to do so because of statistics, because they can see the fluctuations after a while since weight isn't a static thing from day to day.

In my humble opinion it sounds like OP could be one of those, who benefit from the data, so sticking the head in the sand might be the wrong way to handle a situation that keeps appearing twelve times a year.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    It's just water retention.

Stop weighing in during those days. It's just a mind game.

I agree with this yet I don't.

If OP reads any of the "how often do you weigh yourself" threads, she will see that people, who weigh daily prefer to do so because of statistics, because they can see the fluctuations after a while since weight isn't a static thing from day to day.

In my humble opinion it sounds like OP could be one of those, who benefit from the data, so sticking the head in the sand might be the wrong way to handle a situation that keeps appearing twelve times a year.
    If she can handle the fluctuations and really read the data received from the trends then it can definitely be a great thing. But we know there are many people who just can't ever break that mindset. It's important for the OP to figure out which one of those people she is.

You're right :)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week so I noticed a 1-2 pound gain or no weight loss once a month. I attribute it to that time of month but make sure i just keep eating the right amount of calories. It can get rough with the chocolate cravings, but that's when the will power kicks in. I don't always win....but as long as I go right back to eating how I am supposed to - it doesn't effect my weight loss in the long run.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    track your weight each morning at the same time, no clothes, after you go tot he bathroom, however you prefer. Do this for 2-3 months so you can look back and see how much you usually gain during that week of your cycle and how long it takes to go back down afterward.

...so you never panic about it again.

cause it will happen until you don't have a period anymore.
This discussion has been closed.