i want to know...what makes you???

Options
While I goto the gym- I want to know what everone's inspiration is? What makes you want to sweat? What gives you that intense feeling?

Replies

• jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    a weight loss motivates me becausse I feel good and I feel accomplished. I love zumba and the elliptical.
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    hahaha when i go to the gym, I usually go when there are prissy little females in there or these buff good lookin guys lifting weights and grunting lol.. So seeing them in there makes me push myself harder which makes me sweat more ... Cause one of these days ill look just as good or even better than them..
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    ...i don't get it very often, but i love runner's high! :love: :smooched: :laugh:

...my a-ha moment was that i was wasting more mental energy making excuses why NOT to exercise than just going and getting it done and over with. now i actually really like jogging - helps me with stress management, etc.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    because................lol:bigsmile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    All of my cardio is in things I really enjoy - dancing, hula hooping, whatever the weekend brings.

The strength training drags on me, but I need to be stronger - case in point, I am currently nursing an injury because my shoulders weren't strong enough to combine kayaking and off body hula hooping in one weekend :(
  • stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Two things:

The thought of looking hot in my Jujitsu gi and Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I have fun lifting weights.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it. I like working out, I like the socializing, I like pushing myself, I like seeing how people (incl. myself) are getting fitter.....I just really like it! Oh, and I like the fact that I get more to eat b/c I've worked out, lol!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Weight loss for sure,looking good in my jeans but I love that during and post workout high can't wait to do it again tomorrow
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, on an almost daily basis, someone tells me that I've inspired them. They've all watched me drop almost 100 lbs and kick serious butt doing it. Now they're watching me at 7 months pregnant, put on little weight, and run 5k's until I was 30 weeks along. So no, I don't quit - not for a second.
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    Seeing people that haven't seen me in years, that say I look better!! Can't wait to have that feeling again!
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The man I see in the mirror is all the inspiration and motivation I need. Lol

Rhodes - you're just kicking butt WTG
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have posted my answer, which is YOU.

Whether YOU is defined as myself in the mirror, a special someone I spoke today, or anyone of the team members I played wheelchair basketball with. I sweat and workout for the pure enjoyment of living. I am trying to live each moment as if it were my last.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Health and fitness is not a luxury, It's a must. I want to be a healthy and fit for my family. I want to be able to play and keep up with them as well as feel good about myself and overall Health.

I've come a long way in 2 years and I love motivating others and helping folks reach their goals. I was once not proud of myself and the way I was living. I anm now, its changed my life and my kids tell everyone they want to be like me. It doesn't get better then that!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    seeing myself in the mirror and the guys sitting on their laptops in the gym to pick up the wi fi, just them being there makes me push harder.
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..... so many little things motivate me. But the BIGGEST thing that gets me to the gym every day is this:

Waking up the next morning, stepping on the scale and seeing, or hoping for that loss. If it's there, I knew I did the right thing, if it's not then I just keep trying!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love the endorphen rush. I find I love that completely worn out spent feeling, why else would a man my size take up jogging? I also find Linkin Park on Pandora Radio gets me pumped most of the time. A particular favorite track is Bleed it Out along with the 99 problems mashup with Jay-Z. Other favorite lifting song is Let the Bodies Hit the Floor by Drowning Pool...