I'm Pissed at Myself!!

Options
Three and a half years ago, I worked my booty off....literally. I had just had my 4th child, joined a gym and lost 43 lbs in 10 months. I became an athlete, had 17 % body fat, and was in the best shape of my life.
However, I got my real estate license, and never wanting to fail, gave that 100% and totally stopped working out and eating right. I don't know where 2 years went, but I am back... with 30lbs back on my rear end...and TICKED!!!
I put the most recent picture up as my profile pic that I could find...I've been avoiding pics as much as possible.
It's staying up until my birthday, July 3rd. I need motivation and accountability.
Why the change today you ask?
Well, two nights ago I went to the kitchen and brought back cookies for myself and my husband to bed. He looked at me and said, "I don't want those." I said, "I was trying to be nice" and he said,"no you weren't, you were trying to make yourself feel better about eating cookies at 11 o'clock at night" WOW!!!! Reality check. He's usually the most supportive man on earth, but those words stuck in my head. I told him about it yesterday, and he said it wasn't meant to hit me like that...But it did!
Needless to say, yesterday I rejoined the gym, and ate wonderfully, DAY TWO: worked out and eating right.
IT'S ON! Goodbye 30 lbs!!!!
Hope to never see you AGAIN!!

Replies

• KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    That attitude will get you everywhere! What an inspirational post! Good luck in your journey - I know you will succeed!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Your story rings true for a lot of us, me included. In 2005, I was a size 7/8; I went back up to a size 12 between 2008-2010 and am now down to a (tight) 10 since November. It sucks to start over, but you start from where you start. Now my goal is, KEEP IT OFF!! Good luck to you!:smile:
  • fit4fun
    fit4fun Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    keep up the good attitude. I've lost and regained the same 60 pounds a couple times, and with MFP this will be the last time I have to lose it. I love how easy it is to use this site and it keeps me accountable. Best of luck to you!
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    oops, I guess I clicked the save button twice!
  • jessers26
    jessers26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I know you can do it!!
  • iverayna
    iverayna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LOL.. Thats kinda sweet.. On one hand youu would like to smack em but on the other you want to thank him for the smack in the face.... I lost 60 gained 35 back and now i am SO ready.. No more excuses. BEST of luck on the 30..
  • Rembrandt9
    Rembrandt9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can find all the cliche's you want to try to keep yourself on track. But one thing that really gets to me is I feel each day being a struggle. Its too easy to slip back into your bad habits. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. As we all know its not all about the scales but how the clothes fit on you and how your heart and lungs love you because of the action you are finally showing your body that you are in control once again. Keep going. When you complain about how sore your feet are think about those who do not have feet and get out there and enjoy yours. :laugh: :happy:
  • fit4fun
    Options
    Thanks all! Every word you said is sooo true!!!
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    all that AND you were brave enough to post a picture of yourself! By jove, I think you will get this done!
  • fit4fun
    Options
    Autumn....that was excruciating...but had to be done...considering my other pictures on my profile were mostly "after"s.
    Dressed out for the gym, and ready for Day3!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Options
    As much as it might have hurt, what your husband said, sure was a nice motivator! I like the way he put it. I think I too buy/bring things that much husband likes so I can justify myself eating it. hmmmmm. The best of luck to you!