Below on calories ok?!

Options
I know it sounds wierd but I am not hardly getting in 1000 calories a day. During the day I am hungry and I eat every two hours but at night I am just not that hungry most days. I usually eat a bowl of cereal and I am full. I work out still and haven't found myself to be tired or anything. I don't know if I should be making myself get more calories in or not. I guess I could eat more in the day. I just try not to each too much during the day because I am worried I won't have enough calories for supper but by the time supper gets here I am not all that hungry. Any ideas??!?!

Replies

• rebasmart
    Options
    I know it sounds wierd but I am not hardly getting in 1000 calories a day. During the day I am hungry and I eat every two hours but at night I am just not that hungry most days. I usually eat a bowl of cereal and I am full. I work out still and haven't found myself to be tired or anything. I don't know if I should be making myself get more calories in or not. I guess I could eat more in the day. I just try not to each too much during the day because I am worried I won't have enough calories for supper but by the time supper gets here I am not all that hungry. Any ideas??!?!
  • llekllek
    Options
    I asked a similar question a few days ago and the concensus was make sure you get all of your calories! Or you'll actually hurt you progress. The old thread is called "too few calories?" if you want to check that one out.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have the same problem and the rule is definately get all your calories. My allowed calories is 1660 but some days I am wayyy under. It's hard to get them all when you just aren't as hungry anymore...but I am trying! lol
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    I seem to have roots in Missouri.....

I've read all posts on both threads, and I'm just going to have to see for myself. My initial caloric allowance is 1200 cal. I eat that easily, but then I exercise and get like 600 added! There's no way I'm eating all that. I actually stay under 1500 cal/day on purpose. It's something I pulled from way back in the day and have recently heard from another trusted medical source. I dropped 10 lbs in the 1st 2 wks., but I seem to have slowed to 1-2 lbs/wk. now. If this doesn't work out, I will have to post that I have seen the light!
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your body needs to have atleast 1200 net calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and your weight loss will come to a stand still. You even might gain!!! So atleast try to get to 1200 calories if you have to force yourself to do it!!!
  • EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with apaden4, you have to at least get your 1200 Cal a day if you want to lose weight! If you deprive your body your metabolism will slow down because it thinks you are starving. Also check your BMR and see how many calories you really should be getting a day.
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey guys....if you're really having problems getting all your calories in (I wish that was me:laugh: ) try drinking them. Have a glass of milk with dinner, drink apple juice with breakfast, have a cup of coffee with flavoring in it, etc. Those things all have at least 100 calories per cup. It will top up your calories and you won't feel like your stuffing yourself silly.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    krazykayzy, thank you for your suggestion. I was way under my calories too yesterday which has never happened before since I started this new lifestyle. I was a little concerned about that because I was full. Now I know what to do if that happens again.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    I was about 300 under. I wasn't hungry after dinner. Durning the day I try to eat few calories so if i happen to eat a big dinner I will not have to worry. Last night my dinner did not even cause me to reach my complete 1200 mark. I dont' want to grab junk food which will speed up that count, but I don't know..

I don't want to hurt myself and go into starvation mode and not loose anything, but I don't want to go over the count either.

Are we stuck ?
  • rhondababy
    Options
    Don't forget your healthy oils folks! Olive oil, and flax oil are really good for you,and your body needs some fat to burn fat.
    I make a really big salad at lunch with lettuces, shredded cabbage, red peppers, cucumbers and sunflower seeds. Then I dress it using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
    I divide the salad in half and eat half at lunch with some protein, and half at dinner.
    The olive oil is fairly high in calories, as are the sunflower seeds. You can add a bit of avocado too. This should really beef up your caloric intake, and help you get fresh veggies in as well as healthy oils.

Happy munching!