I need help please!!!

Options
I really need some one to talk to to help me stay on track and to lose weight. I am down right miserable and my self esteem has hit an all time low. I weighed in at 178.2 this morning. I need to lose atleast 50 pounds. I am trying to take over this slump today. Although it is hard when it comes to the food part. I did a 30 minute weight loss walk on my treadmill today. It has a workout plan built into it. Im going to make myself walk on it every morning when I get up. There is something else that is bothering me and I really need someone to talk to about that. It has alot to do with my self esteem and it is affecting my marraige now. Is there anyone that can or will talk to me. I have no friends where I live because of being manic depressive and severe anxiety. It is alot to deal with and I need help.

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    feel free to pm me
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    “Inch by inch, life's a cinch. Yard by yard, life's hard.”

Put that 50 lb number out of your head for now, let's work on getting to 177.2 first and go from there.
  • BrendaLee615
    Options
    ElliottTN wrote: »

Put that 50 lb number out of your head for now, let's work on getting to 177.2 first and go from there.

That is easier said then done right now. Any advice on how to start would be great. Thank you.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    start by logging your food. goal is to meet the calories MFP has set for you.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Have you considered talking to a counsellor? Might be a good outlet to talk to about the anxiety, depression and self-esteem issues.

One day at a time is a good way to look at things! I like to make calendars with workout schedules (etc) because I am very visual and enjoy crossing off days and being able to see how far I have come (personal success is a great motivation!).
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Due to your MDD and anxiety, I suggest looking for psychiatrists in your area and calling one you like to schedule an appointment.

Weight loss is mental. You need to be mentally stable first.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options

That is easier said then done right now. Any advice on how to start would be great. Thank you.

Sure, so step one would be to make a honest and realistic plan. As far as weight loss goes, do you know how many calories you should be consuming in order to trigger weight loss for your body? If not, find out. Then you can start planning your meals for the day. What activities would you like to improve on?
    You then have a goal for the day. Then break that day up even further for some smaller goals to make it easier to commit. Say every 6 hours of staying within the allotted calories and workouts of your day's plan. Get creative on how to make things work. Take notes on what does and does not work. Analyze....over analyze. Make it a game.

midnight to 6: Did you stick to the plan?
    6-noon: Did you stick to the plan?
    noon-6: Did you stick to the plan?
    6 till midnight: Did you stick to the plan?

Only met 2/4 goals today? Ok, then your challenge for tomorrow is to go for 3/4..then 4/4...then see if you can keep the streak up for 2 days...then 3..then....? Fall down? The start over again and see if you can beat your last streak.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

Sure, so step one would be to make a honest and realistic plan. As far as weight loss goes, do you know how many calories you should be consuming in order to trigger weight loss for your body? If not, find out. Then you can start planning your meals for the day. What activities would you like to improve on?
    You then have a goal for the day. Then break that day up even further for some smaller goals to make it easier to commit. Say every 6 hours of staying within the allotted calories and workouts of your day's plan. Get creative on how to make things work. Take notes on what does and does not work. Analyze....over analyze. Make it a game.

Only met 2/4 goals today? Ok, then your challenge for tomorrow is to go for 3/4..then 4/4...then see if you can keep the streak up for 2 days...then 3..then....? Fall down? The start over again and see if you can beat your last streak.

Excellent advice! Just wanted to add that since you are dealing with depression and other emotionally taxing issues, after you make your plan and set your goals, every time you "check in" as outlined above, FIRST remove emotion from your self-evaluation. It is either "yes" or "no" as to whether you've reached the goals.

Same thing before you eat or workout or need to refer to your get-healthy plan: just do the plan. Don't tie your emotions to this aspect of your life. Hang in there and keep posting here.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Love the advice from ElliottTN - very cool way to look at it!

Working out is super important for your overall health, wellbeing, and even for managing anxiety and stress relief. BUT when it comes to losing pounds on the scale, that's all about calories so use this great tool (MFP) to do that part. I say this because I have so many friends currently who are really great about working out frequently (and hard) but are very frustrated by a lack of weight loss when they feel they're "eating healthy". I've been there too. Looking carefully at those calories really does help!

Good luck with everything, OP.

• BrendaLee615
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I will be using all of it. Im even gonna plan meals ahead and watch the calories. I just did my food diary on here and I was able to stay 200 plus calories under my plan set up. So far the dieting today has been good along with the exercise. I feel physically better this evening just knowing I can do this. Day by day. As for the emotions I have alot of work ahead of me.
  • BrendaLee615
    Options

I have took your advice and I actually feel better today about being able to stick to this plan. I have done good today and I am feeling proud of myself for being able to think on everything that you all have said and to be able to make healthier decisions. Now I hope I can stick to them.