Add Food list

DamonRiddleFan18
DamonRiddleFan18 Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in Getting Started
I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find a related post. When I go to the "Add Food" page for my diary, there is a huge list of foods that I can add because I've added them in the past. Is it at all possible to delete this list and if so, how? It's annoying me. I don't want to see it there all the time!

Replies

• Ugh! I posted this to the wrong spot. Now how do I delete this?! So frustrated right now.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    @DamonRiddleFan18‌

The Add Food defaults to the Recent view list. The Recent view pulls and displays up to the last 100 items from your Food Diary, either for each individual Meal or All Meals, depending on which view you have selected. If you were able to delete an item from the Recent view list, it would mean that the food item that you, yourself entered would be deleted from your Food Diary, which would alter your previous days' entries, which would affect your previous days' macronutrient and micronutrient totals, which would alter your Reports.

There is an option that a user can set to display as the default Add Food view, instead of Recent view, which is the Frequent view. The Frequent view displays up to 25 of the most frequent food items for each individual Meal or All Meals depending on which view you have selected. You can delete individual food items you do not want to see displayed on the Frequent view, but it will not delete the food item from your Food Diary. It will actually flag the deleted items as hidden from the Frequent view list; and if you ever do want to see your hidden items, you can find them in the "View Deleted Items" button at the bottom of the Frequent view list page.

To set your Add Food View default to Frequent, navigate to Food > Settings and change "Default Add Food View" to Frequent.