30 day shred?

Options
How much should I account calorie and carb wise for the 30 day shred? I notice it isn't listed in exercises from what I could find, so I wondered how much it burns for each level and/day for calorie goals?

Replies

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I put it under aerobics.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    General aerobics
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    most people I know log it under circuit training.
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here is a link that explains a rule of thumb for calculating calories burned during 30 Day Shred: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=4969417

Excerpt:

"JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.

For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute."
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I weigh 57-58kg / 45yrs / quite fit / generally low hr and burn
    Level 1 - 100-130cals
    Level 2 - 120-150cals
    Level 3 - 140-170
    For comparison 60min running = 400cals for me
    And I don't 'phone it in' ;)
    I measure it with my hrm and have seen big fluctation according to the time of day. If I do it right after getting up, my burns tend to be lower than at 10AM or in the afternoon.

The more you weigh, the unfitter you are, the more work it will be and the more you will burn.

I just created my own exercise and enter the cals from my hrm manually.