Which one?

Options
Hello all,
I've been trying to maintain for awhile. Was eating 1700-1900 for Maintenon but with stress slipped to 1500-1700 for a couple weeks. I own two scales a Wexford glass digital and a Sunbeam dial analog. My analog scale says I've lost a little bit. However, my digital says I have not. I'm trying to decide if I should up back to what I was eating... But what should I trust?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No way of knowing without finding a properly calibrated scale and doing a direct comparison or if you own some decent quality weights then calibrate your own.

Neither cost or being digital versus analogue are any guarantee or accuracy. My inexpensive (£20) set were spot on and my fancy £80 set were 2lbs out.

Use one scale to see the trend.
    2lbs isn't really significant though - you need a range to maintain in not a set point.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    The digital scale probably has a memory that means it averages over several measures. It takes longer to show a change but is more stable.

Analog are sensitive to lots of things, including temperature. It really doesn't matter though. Pick one and go with that.
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Use both. Provided both go down, all is good.
  • SDK00000
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    The digital scale probably has a memory that means it averages over several measures. It takes longer to show a change but is more stable.

Analog are sensitive to lots of things, including temperature. It really doesn't matter though. Pick one and go with that.

What do you mean by memory?

• PieSaver
    Options
    Which scale did you you use to get the starting number? That's the one you should be going by now.