CALLING ALL CANADIANS Do You Say 'Eh'?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kfrase83
    Kfrase83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eastern Canadian here: I find we say it a lot, and typically at the end of a sentence. It tends to lighten statements, and leave it jokey and happy. Clearly, your friend is sensitive about the pizza and beer :)
  • blissgage
    blissgage Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have never said it and neither have I heard anyone say it around me. :smile:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ontario and I say it and type it. Sometimes eh just needs to be said to get your point across.

@Big_Bob_Lob‌ my dad had a cousin who lived on Degrassi Street...drove by there the other day...eh.
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I say it all the time. On purpose to follow the stereotype. Just incase any foreigners are around so they can think 'typical canadian' ... tell this MALE friend to get off his period. Its not a big deal eh.
  • Lil_Northern_Light
    Lil_Northern_Light Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I had commented on his food diary. I said, "pizza and beer, eh?" I'm all in for the whiner thing!
    I say "hey" or "huh" on my friends timelines but really mean "eh?" But they don't get offended. It doesn't bother me if someone else says it, cuz i understand the lingo lol