hi im new have a question

lauriegardner70
lauriegardner70 Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
i was just wondering wha t s the best exercise for someone that has an injured foot, i cant walk cause it bothers my ankle , i had surgery in feb and i need to get this weight off im sick of, but theres not much i can do , i started my exercise bike for 15 minutes today . anyone have any other suggestions for me .

Replies

• jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Water exercises...takes weight/pressure off your joints.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    I have a really pesky ankle injury (can't walk for long periods of time or run at all) but I LOVE the pool and I have found that the swimming is actually helping build the ankle up a little for other exercises like bike riding (couldn't do that for a while either).
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    I have an injured knee. Please recommend some for me too.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Pool exercises :)
  • Josie50
    Josie50 Posts: 11
    Swimming is great when you are recovering from an injury. You can exercise your arms and kick with one foot, until your other foot heals. Remember to have a small bottle of water on the side of the pool, because yes you do sweat and can get dehydrated when swimming.
  • i broke my ankle over the summer and have a hard time walking, i tried to do the walk at home with leslie sansone but my ankle hurt pretty bad the next day. so then i figured try my exercise bike i only did that for 15 minutes, didnt ride to many minutes wanted to see how i feel and build my way up. the summer i will do alot of swimming. just hope that it gets better soon, and dont regret having the surgery .
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Ab workouts you can do while laying down. Lifting weights, punches (jab, cross, hooks,uppercuts) arm circles
  • kassie87
    kassie87 Posts: 11
    Water! Its the way to go! I was in a car accident a while back and was in therapy for nearly a year. Being in the pool as the easiest and most effective method. Really strengthened my ankle and knee, as well as helped toning and shedding some weight.
This discussion has been closed.