Nursing Student trying to lose weight gained while in school

Options
I need motivation to lose 30+ lbs while in nursing school and raising a family. Im very stressed but know the benefits of exercise and nutrition. Plus I want to practice what I preach if I'm going to be a health care professional.

Replies

• freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! My current goal is 33 lbs. Please add me for support :)
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I am studying to become a Medical Assistant. Please feel free to add me as I too am looking to lose weight and be healthy as I will be in the health field.
  • katieca123
    katieca123 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Studying biomedical engineering over here. Feel free to add
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I can help!
  • stampfam
    stampfam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support. It will be a great motivator after Christmas break finishing my last semester of RN school. I plan on going right back into school to get my masters so I am curious how I will juggle this task along with everything else. I am a computer immigrant so please understand that it may take me longer to do some actions or I may ask for help along the way:)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Ah nursing school memories.... Feel free to add me. I've been a nurse for 4years, received an associates and bachelor's degree. I did a semester of Grad school for my masters but then life got in the way and I put it on hold :)
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am also a nursing student. Graduate in MAY!!!! I need some motivation to get my butt moving. I spend a lot of time studying and even more time not eating right. GOOD LUCK everyone!
  • alaskanmama
    alaskanmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I graduate in May too. This school weight sucks. I used to be so much more active and less stressed!
  • stampfam
    stampfam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great to have some fellow SN in the loop! Im preparing to start school again and trying to schedule in a work out and prepacked lunches for clinicals. I dont want to graduate overweight:( I want to be a healthy example for my patients:) What are your strategies for the coming semester?
  • Flexitarier
    Flexitarier Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi stampfam, great resolution as I gained about 40kg over my 5 years of studying and now am trying to get rid of them.

I think bringing prepared meals is crucials as so you have full control of what enters your body and what not.

I wish you a successful 2015 and all the best!
  • tawnd
    tawnd Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want to add some friends here to offer my support to you all as well, but I don't see an add friend button or anything. Can anyone help me with this? Or else send me a friend request! You all rock, keep up the great accountability!
  • trishknut
    trishknut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I'm second semester nursing school and DO NOT want to repeat the ulhealthy habits of last semester!
  • BohemianTanya
    BohemianTanya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on losing the weight i started to put on during my second round of nursing school almost 2 years ago! I had lost 40 pounds after I finished my LPN degree, and then gained it all back starting when I went back for my RN degree! Damn nursing school stress!! Feel free to add me!!
  • LisaLu618
    LisaLu618 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is actually my first post anywhere on MFP. I am a nursing student, too - one year to go! Graduate Dec 2015. I just turned 30 :neutral_face: , I have two little boys and a husband that works full time. I feel like it's impossible and nobody understands how HARD it is to even think about losing weight. I was just put on medication that caused an additional 10 lb weight gain in 6 wks, so I need to do something. MY CLINICAL SCRUBS DON'T FIT! I would love to hear any tips/tricks that work!!
  • poojie4
    poojie4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in pharmacy school looking to lose weight as well! I can't go around telling patients to lose weight and be healthy if I myself am not! Feel free to add me. :)
  • escott2011
    Options
    Hello All, I am in education and need to lose weight. Unfortunately, I have battled my weight my entire life. I am 38, wife and mother of 3. Recently, helped to open a new school and the demands of job, duties of wife and mother got the best of me. just was under a lot of stress and gained 54 lbs of 60 lbs that I had lost with QWLC. Not feeling good about packing on the weight..but looking forward to getting healthier and losing weight.
  • TasherElle
    TasherElle Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Same here. Gained like 30 pounds since I started nursing school. Feel free to add me.
  • jelindapim
    Options
    I'm last semester of nursing too right now and gained during the whole thing! Add me I'll give moral support too! :)
  • erinbear33
    erinbear33 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Add me please :) I'm in my first semester of the nursing program and working to lose the 40 pounds I gained the last 3 semesters of generals plus another 40-50 pounds.