Low calorie but legit cranberry juice!

Options
Heya girlies!

So, Phoenix appears to have a bit of a UTI, or something of that nature. So she listened to the folksie advice of cranberry juice...but then remembered "Oh dear, it's so high in calories and sugar!"

Making her way warily to the juice aisle, she hissed and seethed at all of the soda pop-esque juices that insulted the name of cranberry, whilst decrying all of the wussies responsible for watered down "Cran-Grape" and "Cran-Apple" juice.

Then she paused, pulse a-flitting. A name passed her lips. R. W. Knudsen. The bottle proudly sported a "100% juice" tag. And then she saw the nutrition label and her heart gave the mightiest of flutters. 70 calories per 8 ounces.

Her bladder feeling better already, she made her purchase, gagged only once at the price tag, and later that night enjoyed juice for the first time in months.

But lo the next morning when she discovered the side effects of AZO!

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Heya girlies!

So, Phoenix appears to have a bit of a UTI, or something of that nature. So she listened to the folksie advice of cranberry juice...but then remembered "Oh dear, it's so high in calories and sugar!"

Making her way warily to the juice aisle, she hissed and seethed at all of the soda pop-esque juices that insulted the name of cranberry, whilst decrying all of the wussies responsible for watered down "Cran-Grape" and "Cran-Apple" juice.

Then she paused, pulse a-flitting. A name passed her lips. R. W. Knudsen. The bottle proudly sported a "100% juice" tag. And then she saw the nutrition label and her heart gave the mightiest of flutters. 70 calories per 8 ounces.

Her bladder feeling better already, she made her purchase, gagged only once at the price tag, and later that night enjoyed juice for the first time in months.

But lo the next morning when she discovered the side effects of AZO!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love the way you write!!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    AZO does turn the pee a very "unique" shade doesn't it?!? Kinda scary :D
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Another option, as opposed to juice, might be cranberry pills. I've taken them before for an UTI.
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting.. i will have to watch for this to go on sale :) i love cranberry juice, and it's a good thing since i seem to be prone to those lovely UTI's as well.

:flowerforyou:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    AZO does turn the pee a very "unique" shade doesn't it?!? Kinda scary :D

Yeah it does. Thank goodness I read the box and knew to expect that beforehand. Otherwise, I'd have freaked out the first time I saw the color of my pee! :laugh:

AZO also gives me a bad tummy ache for some reason. I'm thinking it's upset tummy, so I make sure to take it with food but it still does no good.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I looked between my legs and howled. Then I remembered what mein mutter had said about that. Of course it had to be in my dorm's bathroom, so I got a lot of "What is it?!"

"Ahem, cockroach."

I'm hoping this thing gets better in a day or two. If not, I'll go to the doctor. It's just so inconvenient at the moment--I'm buried in work. So, I've been guzzling water and cranberry juice and taking those AZO's.

But on another note, I was looking at the company's website. Very impressive. They have juice boxes too, such as 35 calorie banana. The boxes are 50% juice, but surprisingly low in sugar. I'm checking these peeps out!