exercices to lose weight

Options

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You do not have to work out to lose weight. Eating in a calorie deficit helps you lose weight. Exercise is beneficial for myriad other reasons though, like preserving muscle mass and heart health.

Lifting heavy weights or body weight exercises are extremely beneficial for that.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No need for that, eating less than you burn is sufficient for weight loss.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    caloric deficit equals weight loss.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    fork put downs and table pushaways :)

but walking and lifting helped create a larger deficit and make me healthier
  • Cheyenelikewyoming
    Options
    Jog.....lots of jogging. B)
  • LisaT913
    Options
    I always think my heart is pounding and I'm sweating I must be burning some good calories. I also have always gone with the idea that weightlifting is important because muscle burns more calories then fat weight. Anyone have other ideas?
  • rachellll98
    Options
    I can't see the original post, but you can also walk/ bike/ ski to get places if you'd prefer that to a more typical exercise program.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    caloric deficit equals weight loss.

I agree. Exercise will help improve your fitness levels and tone your muscles. You should do both, but you must eat less than you burn in a day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    To exercise enough for significant energy burn is a lot more than you might imagine. Exercise for improved energy and endurance.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Andy by this you mean a well-rounded exercise regimen that includes both cardio and weight lifting elements, right? Because otherwise...NO.

OP - eat at a deficit for weight loss, exercise for body composition. Find an exercise you love to do that you will stick with and you will be well on your way.
  • nada_97
    Options
    Thank you All <3
  • nada_97
    Options

PRMinx wrote: »

Find an exercise you love to do that you will stick with and you will be well on your way.