Time to get serious about this.

Options
Hello all!

My name is Amber, I am 26, mother of two boys (3 and 7 years old). I am 5'7 and 140 lbs. Number wise, I would like to be around 130 or 125. Growing up I was always super thin, after my oldest was born I hovered around 118, had a few miscarriages and hormones got me to about 125. I was fine there, flabby but number wise I was fine. I never had to workout, diet, I ate like a horse and sat on my butt (hence the flabby lol). Being young and having a high metabolism made it where I always looked thin. After my youngest was born I nursed for 2 years and took that as a free range to eat any and everything and held onto every bit of the weight. Now he is three years old and I am still at the weight I was when I gave birth. It is time for me to change the way I eat, get healthy and fit. Although I would love to be 130 or 125, honestly if I could just change the way my body looks and replace the flab with muscle I would be fine with 140, I'm just tired of being so self conscious of my body.

Yes, I know I don't have a lot to loose but I have a serious motivation problem. I would get really into fitness and do great, go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, then something throws me off (head cold, summer break, injury, ANYTHING) and I quit. Last time I did great for a few months, then went and had surgery and gained everything back and haven't even tried since (That was MAY!) So this is me starting over and trying to get serious about this!

Replies

• ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'm happy to help; feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • kimfields48
    kimfields48 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend
  • amiller203
    Options
    I empathize with the " I always was around " part because in 10 years, I gained 60 pounds. Although probably slightly underweight, I LOVED working out and I CANNOT believe I'm this now. Very petite and at 160 is NOT a good mix. I have lost 6 lbs in the last 9 days using Almased but thus app just showed me I'm not eating enough and I'm not exercising. I wonder if being a victim of a violent crime Has put a mental block there for me but no. Many women experience this and don't gain so much weight. Looking forward to talking and sharing with you all.
  • michaeldpaulus
    michaeldpaulus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 57 year old married man whose Dad just died in October at 78. His demise made me realize that I could do a few things to lessen my risks and just plain feel better. Weighed in this morning at 284 and have set my first goal at 270. Fourteen lbs to go down. I had a knee replacement a year ago so do't need to carry more weight and am right on the edge of Diabetes 7.1 A1C so now is the time. Help with meal plans, exercise, and moving away, emotionally, from food being my hobby, comfort, extra curricular activity. Making a move here and need to learn how to get the momentum of consistent change for my health sake going Thanks Michael
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You can do this feel free to add me I will certainly cheer you on. I have lost 92 so far with another 158 to go so I will be here for the long haul.
    Brian
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    All the best on your journey!
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

kikkipoo-I don't have a facebook but thanks for the invite! I sent you a FR