(PCOS) Foods

Options
gcantero1414
gcantero1414 Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello :) Is Anyone Else Struggling with (PCOS) maybe some good Recipes that would love to share with me? Thanks & Merry Christmas

Replies

• SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I function better with higher protein meals, but I still have to eat good carbs, I stick to Low GI foods
  • twentypoundsdown
    Options
    I have it as well... i'm on spiro 100 mg and that helps 1000000 times more than anything you can do with your diet. As far as diet though, I eat a low-fat vegetarian diet. Just eat as many vegetables as possible!!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have it, too, and found a low carb, high fat diet to be a life (and sanity) saver.

I recommend checking out the main PCOS group -- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis -- they have lots of information and recipes and such.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Please ensure you are having enough iodine. Living on a calorie restriction can leave one exposed generally on the mineral front. Insufficient iodine can contribute to so many issues. The iodine RDA is 150 to 300 mcg this amounts to half a teaspoon over a life time but it is vital for so many of our systems. Please read it up for yourselves.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Please ensure you are having enough iodine. Living on a calorie restriction can leave one exposed generally on the mineral front. Insufficient iodine can contribute to so many issues. The iodine RDA is 150 to 300 mcg this amounts to half a teaspoon over a life time but it is vital for so many of our systems. Please read it up for yourselves.

Used iodized salt for this. Take a look at shirataki noodles! It's awesome, but only if you like mushrooms. They're made from shirataki mushrooms. I have found the consistency just like mushroom too. The brand I found by me is called Pasta Zero and you can put basically any sauce on it and it is great (as long as you like mushroom like I do).