HCG diet

Options
I was just wondering what experiences people have had with the HCG diet drops. My wife and I started a week ago and I have lost almost 12 punds and she has lost over 12. We feel great and are sticking to the recommended foods and we do cardio 3 days a week. Post what experiences you have had with the diet both positive and negative.

Replies

• shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    what is the HCG diet drops? Ive never heard of them? what do you do?
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    My husband and I just started the drops yesterday. Glad to see you guys are having luck with them too. Keep it up!
  • halexandra
    halexandra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A girl from my school just started this morning, literally! One of my friends' mom lost 40lbs on it. It sounds crazy, and I hear people get close to losing their minds. Is it that intense? I'm debating on whether to do it or not.
  • lornainak
    lornainak Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost the 15lbs on the HCG shots... not drops but how is it that you can do cardio 3 times a week when it specifically says absolutely no excerise whatsoever? At the most you can only walk very slowly for 30 min. I was also under the supervison of a Doctor while on the HCG diet. Calorie intake was a strict 500 calories and was not hungry at all during the 23 day regimen. I did find if you cheated on the meal say have one item you crave not on the meal plan you will have cravings like you would not believe the following day and the days to follow. I made this mistake after Halloween. I had to have that piece of candy and it killed me. I continued on the diet from Oct - Jan and lost nothing more after I cheated. I have since gone back to the gym and loosing.
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did it, but didn't last very long. We lasted about 9 days and both lost a little over 10lbs in that time. Then we both flipped out and had a night of eating way too much toast with hot chocolate. Anyway, if you can stick to it, it works, but it's hard, takes crazy willpower and you do have to be very careful, especially with burning calories.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I lost the 15lbs on the HCG shots... not drops but how is it that you can do cardio 3 times a week when it specifically says absolutely no excerise whatsoever? At the most you can only walk very slowly for 30 min. I was also under the supervison of a Doctor while on the HCG diet. Calorie intake was a strict 500 calories and was not hungry at all during the 23 day regimen. I did find if you cheated on the meal say have one item you crave not on the meal plan you will have cravings like you would not believe the following day and the days to follow. I made this mistake after Halloween. I had to have that piece of candy and it killed me. I continued on the diet from Oct - Jan and lost nothing more after I cheated. I have since gone back to the gym and loosing.

I walk and sometimes do a Jillian michaels work out, I'm doing the drops and the insert I got with them said you can eat back 50% of the calories burned if you do an intense workout. I've had no problems with it, even slight cheating from time to time. Maybe its a difference in the drops and the shots.

I lost 8 pounds the first 15 days, mine are in 15 day increments, I was eating around 600-800 calories and did sometimes slip up. I stopped for 6 days b/c I was going out off town and staying in a hotel I knew there was no way I could stick to it. I only gained back 2 pounds, started on my next 15 day round yesterday and dropped those 2 right back off. No side effects, I feel great not hungry at all.
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are doing the HCG drops and still exercising, do you find your weight loss is slower? The manager of the gym where I work out is selling Homeopathic HCG and suggests an 800 calorie diet while working out instead of the 500 calorie diet and no working out. If you are doing the 800, what foods are you eating, just more of the recommended food at meals or what? If you have the printout of the diet with more calories or have a link, I would love to see it. THANKS!
  • mhoward48
    mhoward48 Posts: 26
    Options
    I would like to try them, but that 500 calories might be too hard for me to contain.
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    Where are you getting the HCG drops?? I know people who got them from theor Dr. but I also saw them for sale OTC and I was wondering if they worked.
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My experience is not as good as others that I have heard. I did the 40 day program under a Doctor's supervision. I injected myself in my belly every single day. I did the 500 calorie diet of natural meats and vegetables. I ultimately lost 30 pounds, but it was a REAL struggle. A year later, I have gained back that 30 pounds, plus 10 more. I am also struggling to lose weight no matter what I do. I am working with a personal trainer at the gym twice a week and doing cardio an additional 3 times a week. I did just find out last week however, that my thyroid is off now. I have no idea if it is due to the HCG, but now I seem to struggle to even maintain my weight so I don't gain any more (even though I seriously could stand to lose 50 pounds).

That being said, my friend did the HCG at the same time I did and did fabulously on it and looked great. But, I do see lately where the weight seems to be coming back on her.

Not every person's metabolisms and bodies are the same. So, if you choose to do the HCG diet, I wish you much success and don't let my story deter you. We are all unique and my experience may not necessarily be yours!
  • GoldenDLish
    GoldenDLish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic to have other people to follow this diet with. I first was turned on to the idea from a friend who did it last september, she lost 25 lbs in 30 days and after 9 or so months has barely gained any back (She went back to drinking) After hearing about her success I decided to try it myself. I decided to use the drops. The first day was very difficult. I packed my lunch and was following the 500 calorie count. No cheese, No dairy (I don't drink dairy anyway) 4 oz portions of meat and plenty of veggies. (Watch this aspect however, certain fruits and veggies are loaded with carbs aka empty calories, I eat a lot of green veggies, aka broccoli, spinach, lettuce, bok choy. Stay away from corn. It's chalk full.) Wheat thin flatbread crackers are also a grat alternative to the breadsticks, little more flavor and 60 calories for 2. After the first day however, I realized 500 calories was not enough for me. I decided to go with a modified 750-850 calories diet. This has been working great! Since starting the Diet on the 1st I have already lost 6 lbs! I believe most of it is water weight however so I guess it's only 1, but seeing the difference on the scale is fantastic! 2 lbs a day? I can't believe it.
    By day 4 I'm starting to get hungry less frequently so my calorie intake is easier to maintain, sometimes I do not need the full 750. I've got a couple of great recipes I've been working on as well so if you'd like, contact me.
    Tip: Pick up Bragg's amino acids! This is a great alternative to soy sauce. No calories and its great for seasoning veggies and meat!
    I'm currently 174.5 and hope to be about 150 or so after the month is done, after, I plan on lifting to build lean muscle.
    I also chose the diet because I had gained 50 lbs in the last 4 years and no longer felt comfortable. I think the key to this diet is being optimistic and being realistic.
    Also, if you have a smartphone, pick up the myfitnesspal application. It makes it easy to count calories and keeps a running count of how many calories you've used and have left. Also includes your daily weigh in and diet entries. I find it helpful when I dont have access to a computer. I can count calories on the go and keep myself in check.
  • LdyGeko
    LdyGeko Posts: 433
    Options
    Hi there - I am currently in round 3 of my HCG journey, and almost 53 pounds down. My hubby is in his 2nd round and is almost 50 pounds down (men - they lose so much faster than we do!)

I just wanted to say hello to all of you - I personally have had great success on this way of eating - when other mainstream attempts have failed. It can work for you - but it's not EASY by any means. I do light cardio exercise - walking 3 times a week for about an hour. I am also going to be adding in strength training very soon now that I'm at a point that I can do so without joint pain. The strength training will require additional protein for muscle recovery, so will have to work those details out.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions or add me as a friend - I'm a big believer in HCG - it's worked for me where so many other things did not.....
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few people on it, and as Theresa said it works. Mainly as long as you follow protocol, and for the women who mentioned gaining it back this can happen if you don't continue to follow the better eating habits. And the thyroid problem is probably causing the weight gain. Check out our thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/231882-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
  • Hofmann134
    Hofmann134 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Its not that hard! I know several people who have completed the 6week program and never complained. Just keep a variety of veggies and meat and mix it up like they suggest and you shouldn't have any problems.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it, but I never knew the details. I had no idea you were so limited. There's NO WAY I could do that! I workout a ton now just so I can earn more calories cause I starve. lol

Props to you guys who can stick it out! Crazy! Good Luck!
  • Hofmann134
    Options
    Good job on getting a personal trainer. Hcg is not a miracle diet at all . Its designed to help you learn to east right and portion control. If you don't change your eating habits and exercise after the diet then the weight will come back. I was injured and off work for over 3 months and gained 25 pounds during that time because I couldn't do anything! Keep up with the exercise and try and eat enough calories and of the right foods and you will be able to keep the weight off! Good luck!
  • Hofmann134
    Options
    I add back the calories I burn from cardio as well. And yes do it by eating more of the food that is allowed on the diet plan. I eat jalapenos and pepperochinis and that is the only thing I east that is not on the diet plan. They are good on salad and meat for extra flavor and no calories.
  • Hofmann134
    Options
    Send me a message and I can give you the info if you want.
  • Hofmann134
    Options
    Good luck! Stick to the diet and you will have great success!
  • Hofmann134
    Options
    I somehow posted back to wrong person about this. Just add back calories that you burn by eating more of the foods allowed on the diet!