Where to find cute Plus Sized clothes?

Options
Sadly I'm not even going to be close to my goal by the time we live for our trip at the end of June. I'm guessing I will probably still be in the 20's size (currently a size 24 pant). I would like to get some nice outfits (maybe even a nice dress/heels since my hubby and I are planning a little overnight get away to NYC while his parents watch the kids), but plus sized clothes are soooo expensive! Which is why I haven't bought new clothes in like 4 years! I can only afford maybe like $15 a shirt/$20 pants kind of thing.

I feel like this is hopeless since any cute clothes I've seen are more like $60+ per article of clothing (like a top I really like from torrid was like $50 for ONE shirt...ridiculous!)

Suggestions anyone?

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, i shop there all the time. their plus size collection is only online but i fit into a majority of their XXL shirts in the stores, and some are even big on me. also, Forever 21+! they have some cute stuff, also only online.
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get alot of things on Ebay! Just search for what you want in your size.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, i shop there all the time. their plus size collection is only online but i fit into a majority of their XXL shirts in the stores, and some are even big on me. also, Forever 21+! they have some cute stuff, also only online.

Forever 21 has a plus size?! I'll have to look online because everything in the store is like skinny mini stuff.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Old Navy and Torrid. Both in the store or online.

Lane Bryant is okay, too. And I also like the Avenue. Fashion Bug also has some cute stuff.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    TORRID!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    www.torrid.com. You can find some cute things for very inexpensive. Especially in their sale section. And I have found things at Target that are cute. Of course, "cute" is also subjective.
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    The Deb shop? Fashion Bug? THey both have really cute clothes in plus sizes and the Deb has really cute dresses for cheap.
  • mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has an EXCELLENT plus size selection and it's CHEAP! I think it's online only though, so it's hard deciding what will and what won't fit. The stores closest to me have a few plus size things but not nearly as much as the site.

Other places I would recommend would be Torrid and Lane Bryant, though quite are a little expensive. :/:(
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    fashion bug is kinda cheap old navy has great sales i personally only shop torrid's clearance rack because i don't think their clothes are worth their starting prices.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My Forever 21 has Plus and now Maternity in store.. you should check it out!
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Torrid and Old Navy! I've even found cute work stuff at TJ Maxx...which is really affordable!
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Torrid and Dillards has nice clothes.. I really like Ashley Stewart if there is one in your area. The one here in Las Vegas close..
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Torrid
  • RitaPrior
    RitaPrior Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll jump on the bandwagon with everything else and say OLD NAVY is the best I have found. Be careful because some of their stuff run a bit big. Their dresses are very comfy and I love their shirts. If you are having a stomach issue (big stomach that wont seem to go away) buy from their maternity plus section. For shoes Payless is the best place. Let us know what you find.
  • RitaPrior
    RitaPrior Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh. If you have a SIMPLY FASHION in your area, THEY ARE THE BEST FOR PLUS SIZE CHEAP!!!!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Try eBay. I'm not a plus size, but I've gotten lots of nice things for 99 cents (+ shipping, obvs.). You have to know which brands fit you and how... but for transitional clothes, it rocks... you don't have to invest a lot, and you can get some super deals.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Torrid, or if you have a DOTS in your area! They have really cute inexpensive clothes!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Marshals and Ross have plus size too! If you go to the Fashion Bug web site and let them send you emails they do send some pretty nice discount coupons. You can also check out Kohls if you have one in your area, they had some cute stuff in the store the other day when I was in there. If you have the time you can check out some of the stores that sell plus sizes thru Amazon too. I find exactly what I want, then use google shopping to find the best price in my area or online. Yes I am a penny pincher! :blushing:
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love Torrid, but they are expensive. Dots has really cute things. Its not quality (figure you will get 2-3 seasons total out of an outfit) but they are cute and cheap. Also Burlington Coat Factory has cute things, although their selection has gone downhill lately. Finally, Macy's. I always forget Macy's!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options