ok gotta ask what is px90 ??

Options
bmw4deb
bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
I keep seeing post on it, is it a game a dvd workout???

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's a DVD workout program. Quite awesome!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    T'is a BeachBody DVD workout that focuses on the concept of muscle confusion. It's main purpose is to define, tone, and strengthen muscles through the use of weights and resistance bands. It also has a bit of cardio through calisthenic exercises and plyometric routines.
  • jammeldrum
    jammeldrum Posts: 5
    Options
  • bmahaffey214
    Options
    It is a workout program designed for 90 days. It switches the workout so your body wont get too use to one. I have used it and it is awesome. The only problem is the workouts are about an hour a day and that is hard to fit into a schedule!
  • jopamom
    jopamom Posts: 11
    Options
    It is beyond awesome! I am on my 2nd round (finished 90 days) and it's still a kick butt workout system. Feel free to visit my Beachbody page bit.ly/fitwithashley to see how it's worked for me.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    what is p90x??? PURE AWESOMENESS!!! i love it love it love it! 90 day workout, 6 days a week, at least an hour a day, for me... its brutal. as tony says... i hate it... but i love it! LOL.
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I see its expensive is it worth it? will it be another
    dvd set just left collecting dust? lol sorry just want honest opinions
    if it is a good purchase for a novice?
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I see its expensive is it worth it? will it be another
    dvd set just left collecting dust? lol sorry just want honest opinions
    if it is a good purchase for a novice?
    honestly, i had mine sitting in the box not even opened for two months. its something u have to really commit to. some of it is rough. not gonna lie. the most challenging ones for me have been the push up ones. i hate pushups and cant do a real one to save my life. but the good thing about it is, u can modify it to do what u can. most are in reps of 25 but he says, just do what u can. the WORST is the yoga x. i HATE it. its an hour and a half of yoga. and it is ridiculous. but... ive noticed that the the more i do it, it does get easier. the first time i only did 45 min, the second time an hour, this last time i made it thru it all. its one of those that i would def watch first, u can youtube it. it will show u mini clips of some of the moves.
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    I totally agree with mishelnikki, u have to really commit to it! My husband and I are doing it together and if I was doing it by myself, I probably would have quit long already :blushing: It is very difficult but so worth it! I'm in the middle of my 8th week and can see a noticeable difference. Also, I again agree about the yoga workout- HARD!! And I've done yoga before, but this is EXTREME!! I definitely recommend getting the dvds!! Kenpo X is my favorite, which is like martial arts/kickboxing. Major calorie burn there!!

To mishelnikki~ I was so happy to read that I'm not the only female who cant do "real" pushups LOL I'm lucky if I can get one done correctly :laugh:
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    Ok Hubby has agreed to do p90x with me and I have just ordered it.
    what equip will we need? i see on youtube they have pull up bars
    and other stuff do we need all that? sorry for so many ?
  • jopamom
    jopamom Posts: 11
    Options
    You need hand weights, pull up bar or bands, yoga mat and yoga block. I actually had mine for 2 years, scared outta my mind to start. Butit has changed my life. In the first 90 days, I lost 20 lbs and 24 inches went from a size 12 and am now down to a size 6. I finished the first 90 days and am now going on week 5 on my 2nd round. I'm stronger tha ever. Check out my Team Beachbdy page bit.ly/fitwithashley and chec out my transformation pics from my first round.