Wedding in 3 months

Options
Hello I'm new here. I'm getting married in 3 months so I have alot of pounds that I want to shed. If there is any advice you can give I would love it.

Replies

• gailyn44
    Options
    Hello I'm new here. I'm getting married in 3 months so I have alot of pounds that I want to shed. If there is any advice you can give I would love it.
  • Suzee
    Suzee Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! Cut back on as many carbohydrates as you can tolerate. When you eat carbs, eat only whole grain . Whole grain pasta is not so bad really. Also try 12 or 15 grain bread - its kind of crunchy and very satisfying. Instead of trying to drink a ton of water (which made me feel bloated) try Diet Sprite or Diet 7-Up. It still counts as fluid but tastes like a treat and calorie free. Fill your fridge with sugar-free jello snacks and veggies like celery and carrots. Half the battle is being prepared when we feel the urge to snack. Have an arsenal of healthy snack choices. Fat free pretzels satisfy the need for salt and are low in fat.

Get as much exercise as you can. No need to go to a gym. Just keep moving no matter what you are doing. Do toes raises while waiting in the check-out line. Hold your stomach muscles tight all the time. A fitness guru told me "try to have your bellybutton touch your backbone".

Good luck to you. Remember, you are beautiful no matter what you weigh and true love is much more than how we look. Nobody remembers your wedding day except you and it will all be a blur afterwards! Be happy, be healthy and God Bless!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....advice....
    Don't expect miracles.
    Work hard.
    Be accurate.
    Don't compare yourself to others.
    Measure yourself.
    Don't be attached at the feet to the scale.
    Use MFP information as base information, not an absolute (you may need to tweak things to get the right personal fit for you. )
    **(My personal opinion) Don't make such drastic changes you aren't able to stick with them.
    Lastly, do NOT beat yourself up if you slip up here and there. This is a lifestyle change that will take getting used to and requires constancy.

Everything is a choice and YOU are the only one who has power over the choices you make. I could suggest certain foods, exercisees, etc. I won't (unless you ask), because this is YOUR journey and it is different then mine. My results/accomplishments may not be the ones you are after. Every choice you make is yours....whether it is between certain foods, working out, etc. Those are yours to make and find out what works for you as an individual.

The one thing we all have in common....is we are all unique...just like everyone else.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chubby said it all!! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with the diet soda comment from the previous poster. Drink water & lots of it. Stay away from carbonated beverages b/c that can screw with your body with or without calories. JMO.

Other than that, CubbyBunny said it all! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I have to disagree with the diet soda comment from the previous poster. Drink water & lots of it. Stay away from carbonated beverages b/c that can screw with your body with or without calories. JMO.

Other than that, CubbyBunny said it all! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Oye soda.... I poof up like a freakin Macy's Day blimp!
    I'll tell you what.... The only time I imbib on soda is the weekend (and boy does it do a number on me).
    It takes me a week to recover....the holidays were even worse. I need less soda in my house.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Me, too! Just one diet pepsi this weekend & I gained a 1/2 pound over night. Ridiculous! Nothing different in my day except for that stupid soda. :tongue:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Me, too! Just one diet pepsi this weekend & I gained a 1/2 pound over night. Ridiculous! Nothing different in my day except for that stupid soda. :tongue:

It's sneeky.... it calls to me, "Come on.....have some bubbles....feel that burn....eyes water....the caffiene rush....savor me!" Malicious little snot.... then I suffer from a "bubble hangover" for 3 days! :grumble:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: Congratulations on the impending nuptuals (although I'm the cynical married women telling you to RUN AWAY while you still can :laugh: :wink: ).