In need of some friendly motivation and support.

Options
ShieldMaidenLeah
ShieldMaidenLeah Posts: 30 Member
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all my name is Leah and I am looking for some friends to add to my profile for motivation and support.

I am 32 years old and I am a married woman and mother to two children ages 4 and 7. I am a total nerd. I love videogames and I like arts and crafts.

My weight loss journey has been a very tough battle for me. It has caused all sorts of self esteem issues that I am now seeking to destroy.

I struggle with PCOS which of course makes it a lot more difficult to lose weight.

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis June of 2013 and it has been a rollercoaster ride from hell mainly because all of my weight loss progress went out the window when I had to go on a high dose of Prednisone.

However I am in remission now and prednisone is no longer haunting me so here I am ready to destroy the pounds.

I recently joined a gym and I am able to attend in the mornings for 2 hours max. ( Thats as long as they will watch my children. ) I also am getting back into the Wii Fit. I enjoy weight lifting a lot more than I do cardio but I have been trying my best to add more cardio into my workouts.

My goal is to lose 100 pounds all together. I will be breaking that up into mini goals the first one starting with five pounds.

If you are looking for someone who will like and leave comments on your page to help motivate you I am the person to request. :)

Replies

• ShieldMaidenLeah
    Options
    Anyone out there? <3
  • mckennasihde
    mckennasihde Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! I like arts and crafts too! :)
  • lollipopwater
    Options
    Hey! Im a 33 year old woman in Seattle, also with PCOS. Losing weight is INCREDIBLY hard for me. I've been back on eating the whole grains and cutting a lot of sugar and processed foods out, and have lost 9 lbs since the 5th of this month. I feel OBSESSED with getting the weight off.
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    Options
    Hi there Mckenna! Hi Lollipop!! I love creating new things. I make a lot of candles. PCOS has been an absolute nightmare for me. It took me two years to lose 30lbs and it all came back in a matter of a month due to a steroid I had to go on. The struggle has been so real. However I am hoping with some positive motivation and encouragement we can all help each other out! :D Nice to meet you both.
  • cindynhderby7
    Options
    Hi! I am 31 and a mom also. I had a very hard time loosing weight even though I tried and tried. Turns out my body was just jacked because I had years of untreated Celiac disease. After finding out I was able to loose the weight but it hasn't been easy. I still am my worst enemy. I just recently joined crossfit and am hoping I can stick with it. I am looking for support and motivation on here too. We sounds like we have a lot in common.
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    Options
    I was tested for Celiac during an upper endoscopy but results came back negative. I hear it is a major lifestyle change for sure. I feel that way about Ulcerative Colitis. I added you!! Lets start this motivation train!! :D
  • moosebear97
    moosebear97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I will be glad to join ya on your journey! I am a 36 year old stay at home mom and my weight gas become a roller coaster recently and I have gained back a lot this year. I know all about the predisone mess. I have been put on it at least 1-2 for having severe allergic reactions to poison oak the past 3 summers. Four summers ago I had a severe reaction to some material and ever since then I have severe reactions to poison oak during the summer and I am given the shot and plus the medication to take and I totally gained 10-15 lbs each time. When I stated MFP 2 years ago I lost 21 lbs pretty quick! I finally joined a gym last Feb. and weight started dropping more but then I had a knee injury and out of commission for s little while and one of the instructors gave me some advice to start back up with pool workouts to get back on track before hitting the weights again. Then summer hit and boom somehow poison oak contact. I think it could have gotten on my dogs etc. It wasn't my garden. So there cones the weight again. Since school started I juggle my son's PTO in which I am a board member and I am one that totally volunteers and my workouts get thrown off and eating. Recently a lot going on with the holidays and school being out and so I juggle around my husband's schedule for the gym. My gym doesn't do childcare. I do have some friends on here I know. I believe the more motivation you have the better you will do. Not everyone struggles the same and it helps to get different viewpoints on how to beat this! The past several weeks I haven't done weights with my upper chest/arms due to pain I have had since last Spring off and on and I knew I was going g to be having my first mammogram today so I put off the past couple weeks til today. Getting back healthy and fit is a major goal. About a month after I joined the gym I lost my step dad out of no-where from strokes that were caused by a clot he didn't know he had that built up over years and years if cholesterol etc. That scared me and it made me even more determined to get back on track again and make sure my eating was even more healthy. I was already cooking a certain way for me and my family. Plus over the summer one of my sister's was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had the DM and has finished chemo. That prompted me to have to go ahead and get the mammogram done and due to pain they did the ultrasound. My results were fine and I am greatful. But they did see something under my arm that was in scans a view years ago but it hadn't changed so it is considered something that has always been that way but to keep an eye on. It brought a memory back of my childhood when I got sick one time and there was something about my underarms. I mentioned that and that I ask my mom about it. She remembered that they thought I had cat scratch fever one time and it affected those areas. So it could still be from then. Who knows. I am grateful the other was negative. Since my sister has cancer I have to have the tests every year now. With all this extra motivation is something that would really be great. After reading yaws stories I feel this would be a great group to know. I haven't been tested for the Colitis but have wondered if I should due to Reflux symptoms I have a lot of. But I have sinus issues real bad. So that's a waiting game with the seasons. I know this was a lot but just wanted to give a little background. Have a great night and if I'm added I look forward to this journey with ya!
  • moosebear97
    Options
    By the way ShieldMaiden I love the sign name! Are you a Vikings (the History Channel Show) fan? If so; my husband and I love that show and can't wait for it to come back on!! :D

• PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I have a 4-year old, too. ;)
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    Options
    Hey there Moosebear! First off yes I love the show! On my mothers side my grandmother's family is from that area of the world and she taught me a lot of nordic culture and beliefs. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • moosebear97
    Options
    Sweet!!! I was just asking you in a message! Totally Cool!! I hadn't checked here before I sent it!!

I am excited about being on here with new motivation friends! We can learn a lot from each other! I do have my journal open. Some close friends of mine and I decided to do that and we are able to copy meals etc. and get ideas that may work for us! I was down this morning because I finally weighed after almost two months of being off track and I had gained; so now its like I am starting over. :neutral_face: Have a great Routine for the night! You can do it!!!!!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm here for help and support!
  • fastingfurious35
    fastingfurious35 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi - you can add me ( and anyone else who is interested to add me as a friend ) I'm 33 yrs old - married - 3 kids - on " diets " all life long .. so I need motivation :smile:
  • AJMack78
    Options
    Hi I am a 20 collegiate athlete working out in the off season. I don't have PCOS, but I am having trouble maintaining my weight because of my family's genes we can put on size easy but it's hard to maintain or loss weight. All that I can say is stick to your program even when your tired and sore just remember why your doing this for. If you had any problems with anyone or anything take let it out in your workout. With cardio if you hate running go for walks starting at 1/2 a mile and working your way up. Or ride a stationery bike that's one of the best ways to get a good cardio work out. Best wishes!
  • glamgrljess22
    glamgrljess22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I love new friends on MFP and i'm active (log in everyday). Feel free to add me I post all my high moments and my low ones so this has been a pretty interesting journey so far.

51266338.png
  • dagon
    dagon Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi All I'm a nurse practitioner and trying to break a life long plateau or so it seems. See we don't have all the answers either but I would love solutions and motivation.
  • falchc
    Options
    Hi, new to this whole MFP thing and logging everything. Single mom of three and just looking for some motivation and support to get me through this to reach my goal.
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    Options
    Hey all I sent you all requests. If I missed anyone please request me. <3 Loving the support here all.
  • moosebear97
    Options
    Is there anyone else having a hard time trying add on as friends from here? When I click on anyone from here it takes me to an error page. ShieldMaiden I have clicked add from your list. I look forward to being motivation friends with everyone! Please add me if you can. Must be a site error from here. Have a great night everyone! :wink:
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone can feel free to add me. I am on here everyday :)