Fitbit Flex Sync question

Options
I'm sure this has been discussed here before, but I don't want to search for it.

I just got a Fitbit Flex, and have it synced with Myfitnesspal and Endomondo. I've had MFP and Endo. synced for several years now to log my runs. The trouble I'm running into is, it's double counting steps and exercise. Fitbit logs my steps with MFP and Endomondo constantly, so Endomondo posts it periodically as a workout, which then posts it to MFP, and then it shows up on Fitbit (and the other two apps) as all these short bursts of exercise. For example, "Walked 3.0 mph for 6 minutes, burned 12 calories".
And when I manually log a workout (like a treadmill run with Endmondo, or a home program DVD on MFP), it double counts all that exercise with Fitbit.
I am so confused!! Do I have too many things synced together? Maybe it's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out. I'm ready to un-sync them all!!
Please help. I'm not very tech savvy, at all!

Replies

• jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do know that when you sync your band with MFP it tell you not to track data in both apps because it'll double track. It says only track in MFP. (which really doesn't make sense because it's suppose to sync)
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of unsyncing them all together...
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I saw that. I haven't been tracking anything with fitbit...it's all with MFP and Endomondo. I'm just going to undo it all and start over.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it works with Endomondo added in.

However adjustments are:
    Fitbit Estimated Calories Burned - MFP Estimated Calorie Burn = + or - adjustment
    Fitbit (BMR + Tracked Activity + Exercise) - MFP (BMR + Activity Level Selected + Exercise)

When you log exercise (doesn't matter if here or fitbit), you should be prompted for the time/duration/calories. It asks for this information so that Fitbit can change your calorie burn to whatever you logged for the duration of your workout. I can log a 1 calorie burn for 30 mins of exercise and fitbit will replace even my BMR calories for those 30 min with what I logged.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Connect Endomondo to Fitbit and Fitbit to MFP. Do not connect MFP to Endomondo.

MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users