Getting ready for a wedding. No more excuses!

Options
Hello,

My name is Venessa. I've always been over weight since I was a kid and I've always tried to be fit but never succeeded. I'll be getting married in September next year and I've made a decision to stop making excuses and really really try and have the healthy body that I've always wanted. I've read that what you eat is more important than how much exercise you do. Hopefully that's true. I found this website online to try to help me monitor what I eat. I've been on here several times before and I'm surprised how much seeing what I have eaten in the day can help, because it's hard for me to tell as the day goes on. A little here, more here, etc. I'm gonna commit to work out 4 times a week for 45 min to 60 min. I guess I'm looking for people to help me stay motivated and give me some tips on whats good to eat or help with food cravings. Sweets are my biggest weakness so I'm really gonna try to tackle that one! I've always done this weight loss thing alone and I'm hoping by having a like minded group to talk to I can be more successful. Anyway, nice to meet all of you. Hope you all have a great Christmas! =)

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey Venessa, it sounds like you are making great steps already towards your goals!
    As far as sweet things are concerned, have you considered looking for healthier alternatives.. such as, switching milk chocolate for dark chocolate, chocolate bars for the likes of double chocolate alpen light (70kcal per bar and pretty macro friendly).

I wish you all the very best with your journey. Please feel free to add me, I'm active on mfp and log daily! Either way, you can do it!!
  • Rnes
    Rnes Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely switch to dark chocolate!
  • paigeorose92
    paigeorose92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa! My name is Paige. I got engaged a few weeks ago(!) and we're planning to get married around September next year as well. I've been on my weight loss journey for a while, and one thing I will say helps me a lot to curve my sweet tooth is to allot a certain amount of chocolate each day. I'll pack two dove dark chocolate candies in my lunch to work and then have one after dinner. I look forward to seeing your progress and hope we can support each other to our goals by next semester! :smile: