need friends

Options
I'm looking for motivational friends I'm so sick of letting myself go and having excuses . Please someone slap the cookies from my hands .

Replies

• eliz_a_beth
    eliz_a_beth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi April,

I'm also looking for a support system for losing weight. I'd like to think that I"m pretty good at motivating others, but am terrible about keeping myself on track. Want to try this out together?
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi

The best place to begin is at the beginning.

All you have to do is lose 1 pound 50 times. Not 50 pounds, all at once.

That kick to get it done comes from inside....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of growth and progress, for which you should be commended. Take comfort in that.

The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

6.5 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and continue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 55 in 225 days without doing anything stupid. You just find what works and then hammer the crap out of it, staying in the present while doing so.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

You only get one chance to live your life.

FR on the way.

Fsunami
  • colleenmd1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I have gained 30 pounds on almost 2 years b y simply skipping the gym...now I realize that is not an option

The gym is like breathing...if I don't go I don't live well.

Back in my routine and have gone 5 days a week for 2 weeks straight
    My next step is to drink more water.

I now realize that this is a lifestyle
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    ejkelleher wrote: »
    Hi April,

I'm also looking for a support system for losing weight. I'd like to think that I"m pretty good at motivating others, but am terrible about keeping myself on track. Want to try this out together?

Yes I would love to!!!!
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    colleenmd1 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. I have gained 30 pounds on almost 2 years b y simply skipping the gym...now I realize that is not an option

The gym is like breathing...if I don't go I don't live well.

Back in my routine and have gone 5 days a week for 2 weeks straight
    My next step is to drink more water.

I now realize that this is a lifestyle

I I am having a hard time changing my life style , I forget or get too caught up and don't ale time to focus on myself .
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    Fsunami thank you for all the kind words and wisdom I am going to try and change my lifestyle and focus on myself and become fit. It's great to hear that this app gas worked for you it makes me excited for my progress to come
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Think hats the thing you need focus. That means understanding what it involves(learn) and then make a plan that you can implement in stages and is easy to follow. Party of that will be an understanding of what has prevented you/ thrown you off track from carrying it out previously and then employing a strategy to deal with it, so that when you have a wobble you know how to handle it. What fsunami said about focusing on 1lb to start with is much better way of making it manageable.

Its a journey. What you are looking for is consistency and making it to the end eventually.
  • Melissa90xo
    Melissa90xo Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hi April - feel free to add me.

This place is wonderful. There are so many helpful people who are willing to guide you on your journey.

All the best!
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    Hi April - feel free to add me.

This place is wonderful. There are so many helpful people who are willing to guide you on your journey.

All the best!

I tried to add you but it won't let me . Try adding me please , I need the support and people to talk with .

• aeslikkyd
    aeslikkyd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to get some motivation friends in my life. Can I be everyone's friend??
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    I would love that . Please feel free to add me
  • aeslikkyd
    aeslikkyd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ms. April - I tried adding you but kept getting am error. Either way, happy new year!
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    you can add me April, have to warn you though i can be a little tough, honest but tough
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    I've got 85 pounds to lose. Go for it :) And feel free to add me
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have 110 pounds to lose. Anyone reading this can add me too :)
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    aeslikkyd wrote: »
    Ms. April - I tried adding you but kept getting am error. Either way, happy new year!

I too keep getting an error page, if I haven't added 6th I'm sorry
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    You*
  • aprilhaselhuhn
    Options
    you can add me April, have to warn you though i can be a little tough, honest but tough

There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not rude
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey there April,
    Welcome to the MFP community!
    It sounds like you have an awesome attitude, the will to motivate others is a great thing. We have to remember to concentrate on ourselves too though and thats where the fantastic tools you have here and great new support network on the forums and your friendslist should really have a great positive effect for you!

This journey isn't always easy but it is alwasy worth it, give it your all and you will get the same in return!!

I wish you the very best on your healthy lifestyle journey!

Kind Regards,
    Adam
  • dw8178
    dw8178 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have no motivational fitness friends, which might explain why I've started so many times in this past year. I want this to be my LAST start. Some friends to share in the motivation will help! Let's be friends!!!