Tall, thin girls or guys---where do you buy your jeans?

amyk0202
amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
I am trying to find jeans for my 16 year old daughter. She's about 5'7"-5'8" & was wearing men's Rude Skinny Straight jeans size 28x32. They are now waaaay too short. I can find 28x34, but I think that those would just reach the tops of her shoes & she'd outgrow them right away. I can also find 32x36, but they'd be huge in the waist. I'm having trouble finding any 28x36 jeans. She likes men's jeans because she doesn't carry a bag & likes that they have deep pockets. Can anyone point me in the right direction---any long legged jeans with pockets out there?

Replies

• moijo6
    moijo6 Posts: 121
    5.8? sounds like she's over 5.9.. typical average clothing sizes for women are regular 31 inch inside leg height upto 5.9 max.

If her jeans are too short she is likely to be 5.9 at least.

riverisland.com are great for longer leg jeans , they fit women upto 6.4 and do very small waist and dress sizes.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I'm 5'9" and often have to buy longs because I have long legs. I don't know about men's, but Old Navy has women's jeans in size long down to a size 0, which is smaller than a 28.
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Old Navy, Eddie Baurer, Talbots, Lands End and Levi all come in LONG length for women. Love the price and styles at Old Navy myself! Also My favorites are JAG jeans and their regular length is long and the long length ~really long. I am only 5'7''. but have super long legs and my best friend has been 6'2'' since she was 14 so we have been searching these out for years.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    My husband is 6'8. We found Lucky jeans to be one of the places he can buy off the rack. They have 38 inch long jeans. Might be worth a try.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Being petite, I have the opposite problem, but many retailers have started offering their jeans in a variety of leg lengths.

Gap and Old Navy both carry jeans in tall length online. They start at a size 4 (or 27) and have an inseam of 35" or 36".

American Eagle carries Long jeans (34" inseam) in-store and extra-longs (36") online. They go as small as size 00 for longs and 0 for x-long.

Abercrombie and Hollister also carry many of their jeans styles in long...also starting with size 00.

Lucky Brand, and some of the higher end jeans makers also offer long length jeans. I don't know what your price point is. The brands mentioned above are generally in the under $50 range.
  • Im a 6' female and i buy skinny jeans from american eagle. (I habe to buy the xlong)