Plan: Obese to six pack. This time I ain't messing around

Options
G'Day Everyone!

Just started my journey to go from obese to six pack. Well I'm 6'4" and 122kg (269lbs)
I'm not aiming halfway for a few lost kilos, but the whole hog for many reasons. Feel free to add me as a friend and keep me on track haha.

Looking forward to getting to know more people on here and seeing their progress too.

Righto I'm out!

Brad

Replies

• snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome! Good luck on your journey.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I notice you write "this time". What killed your effort last time? Will it happen again?
  • bradjryder
    bradjryder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Mate, Last time was about 5 years ago when I lost 20kg in about 3 months. I wasn't counting calories or anything, just made a few decent changes in my diet, joined a gym and only used a treadmill. I guess it was a big Easter weekend where I broke the routine and just never got back into it. Put the weight on over 3 years and been there since.
    I am more driven this time. More reasons to lose the weight. Using MFP is the key and I'm researching a lot about the body and nutrition and how everything works.
  • bradjryder
    Options
    snookey16 wrote: »
    That's Awesome! Good luck on your journey.

Cheers Snookey!
  • richardhale82
    richardhale82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey Brad. If you stay positive and keep at it, no question you'll get there!!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Cool
    Best of luck
  • bradjryder
    Options
    Yep, its each day, each meal, each workout. Repeated many times over. Cheers Richard
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    bradjryder wrote: »
    Hey Mate, Last time was about 5 years ago when I lost 20kg in about 3 months. I wasn't counting calories or anything, just made a few decent changes in my diet, joined a gym and only used a treadmill. I guess it was a big Easter weekend where I broke the routine and just never got back into it. Put the weight on over 3 years and been there since.
    I am more driven this time. More reasons to lose the weight. Using MFP is the key and I'm researching a lot about the body and nutrition and how everything works.

Sounds good then. Just make sure you keep using the app and this forum no matter what. Someone will always be here to answer any questions you have or give you a virtual motivational kick up the *kitten* if you need one. :smiley:

• maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you'd like. It is very motivating to have friends here who look in on you. :)
    Take care, and good luck to you.
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm just getting started again after a long break, but like you, I'm determined to do it this time.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Go get it! I'm just closing in on a year on here and it's been great. Feel free to add me if you'd like - I'm always happy to help!
  • joycemfp8
    joycemfp8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Happy to help in any way - friend request coming your way :)
  • carlithequilter
    Options
    bradjryder wrote: »

• carlithequilter
    Options
    I'm on the right frame of mind to really succeed this time.
  • SixpackStein
    Options
    Hi Brad and merry christmas! You know what? Life is full of coincidenses...Today I got this awsome christmaspresent: A Garmin Vivosmart excersise-band and I started installing it right away! Then after the installation of my band, the Garmin connect-program said it was cooperating with MyFitnessPal (which I've never heard of before) and it urged me to make a free account and immediately I started punching in all the stuff I've been eating today and that was alot because it's christmas :blush: ... I was amazed tjat everything I've eaten and every beverage I had was in the database, even though I had turkish food for dinner!
    After registering my weightlossgoal and picked a nick and all that, I saw that MFP had a social function as well and here is the coincidense: You and I have the same height and even the same weight AND we share the same goal: To finally get the visible sixpack abs that we wanted for so long! :smile: I thought maybe you and I can become friends so that we can inspire each otjer to stay on the right track towards our goal: To be lean mean musclemachines with visible sixpack abs :smile: I wanna do it the hard way: No diet-shakes, no steroids, no surgery, no quick fixes! :smile:
    So if you don't wanna take this journey aline, send me a friendrequest cause I don't know how to do it cause I just got here, but I promise one thing and that is that I'm here to stay! With MFP and with my Garmin Vivosmart and my Samsung Note 3 and hard work and with your support and others I know for sure that I shall reach my goal :) Have a very good christmas and remember what Tony Robbins says: "With goals you create tje future in advance" :) Best regards from Stein in Norway :)
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Greetings Brad! My advice to you would be to take some full body photos of yourself now before you start. I did that and it kept me going. Good luck! :)
  • bradjryder
    Options
    Hey Everyone, thanks for the supportive messages. I've got a before pic and plenty of pics on my phone of me before I started my loss.

@SixpackStein‌ : Hey Mate I've also just purchased a Garmin Vivosmart just before christmas and use it everyday now. It syncs with myfitnesspal as you know and I'm interested how much I move in my sleep too. I'll keep you going mate, we are aiming for the same goal!
  • davifost
    Options
    I had a similar goal, O-Line to six pack, I started at 285 and am currently at 220, I'm close to my goal but still have a ways to go! My advice is eat nothing out of a bag (aka anything processed) And tons of veggies and meats. It worked for me, hope this helps
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Work hard buddy!
    The sacrifice and the pain will be worth it!