Where to find cute Plus Sized clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tammysueless
    Tammysueless Posts: 166
    Options
    Old Navy, i shop there all the time. their plus size collection is only online but i fit into a majority of their XXL shirts in the stores, and some are even big on me. also, Forever 21+! they have some cute stuff, also only online.
    I hate it when store do this! Pluse size only online thing. Like us big mama's don't wanna know what the clothes will look like on before we shell out for 'em!!!
  • marysusu
    marysusu Posts: 2
    Options
    OMGosh! I am so glad I read this - I could cry. I have been wearing the same clothes for months cuz i cant find any cute plus size clothes!! I am checking out torrid, fashion bug and the others sites right now. Thank you all!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Have you considered looking at a consignment store? Especially for the nice dress night? I've not had to shop in plus sizes, but I've bought quite a few transitional clothes at consignment shops in the past. And I know they have plus sizes.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    great post! i had no idea old navy carried plus sizes!
  • candicemaechling
    candicemaechling Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Gordmans has some good stuff and not terrible prices at all.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    TORRID!
  • ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a plus size shop-aholic on a water budget. Lately, i have gotten some really cute stuff from Goodwill stores & other thrift shops. I also stopped by Fashion Bug lately & was happy to see that they have separated their misses & plus sizes again. To find really great quality items, check out Catherine's. They are a bit pricey, but can get some great deals on their clearance. Plus, they have awesome coupons in their fliers.

I haven't heard of torrid.com, but will be checking it out. =)
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    Old Navy has the best stuff. I think that 99% of my wardrobe is Old Navy. I also love Ashley Stewart. They have beautiful clothing in there, way more affordable than Lane Bryant, and way less... pretentious? GL!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Target has cute, cheap stuff. JC Penny's can have some really awesome sales ( I just bought two $32 bras for $7 each), and actually has a good plus size section from what I can tell.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Torrid, Maurice's and Old Navy are my staples. I got some really cute stuff at Maurice's just a couple weeks ago (had some kick-*kitten* shopping juju goin on!).
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Torrid! The store I shop at always has new cute things everytime I go there and have an awesome staff.
  • abroughton1978
    Options
    I am a Lane Bryant junkie but I don't pay full price for nothing in that store!!!! Here is how:

1) go online and check for coupon codes/printable coupons/discounts. If you have a smartphone, they will even get the code number off of your phone if you pull the coupon code up on your internet. I can walk out of there for 2-3 times the amount of stuff I want because of coupons. My favorites are the $25 off $75 purchase/ $50 off $150 purchase/ &75 off $225 purchase.

2) Shop during REAL WOMEN DOLLAR DAYS (which is going on RIGHT NOW!) For every $50 you spend you get $25 dollars off your purchase during the real women REDEEM shopping days!

3) Shop before and after seasons for incredible sales. Right now they are having a 40% off EVERYTHING in the store! I just bought two bathing suit tops and 1 bottom for less than $110 dollars! Do you realize how hard it is to find a quality plus size swimsuit AND a one piece on line is right around there and I got 3 pieces!

4) Shop clearance racks! They usually start their sales at 30% off of clearanced items and go up to 75%! You CAN USE your coupon codes and your real women dollars on clearance items (never ran into an issue where I can't!)

So there you have it....Alicia's 4 Shopping Secrets to conquering LB's high prices!!!!! Their stuff fits great, wears well, and lasts forever!!!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I find cute inexpensive items at consignment stores and good will. I find better quality stuff if I go to second hand stores in affluent neighborhoods, but it's sometimes worth a try.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I shop thrift stores all. the. time. It is an addiction to me. I get such a rush when I'm able to find something super cute and trendy for $6.99 knowing that I could have spent $30 + for that same item at Avenue, Lane Bryant - insert your favorite plus size store here...

I also shop a nice consignment shop that caters strictly to plus sized fashion. I will take my $6.99 items that I have purchased at the Goodwill, wear them for a bit and then turn around and sell them to the consignment store for in store credit. Then I walk out of THAT store with a few new to me things that cost me nothing!

As I said, I'm addicted. It's kind of a game. I like my money to go as faaaaar as possible. But I do like to look nice and I think I do, without spending $40 bucks on one shirt...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Cato and Avenue have cute plus size stuff.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Coldwater Creek has great deals online! I get lots of stuff from them. Check out their outlet section.