logging insanity?

Options
im trying to log insanity but i cant because i no i lost cals and i dont want to quessimate it so does anyone know how

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    depends which workout and also on your intensity level. and it also depends on your fitness, and size etc.

i weigh 150 lbs, am very fit, 5 ft 5 in, female... and burned anywhere from 400-700 during a typical workout.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. Then create your own exercise.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im trying to log insanity but i cant because i no i lost cals and i dont want to quessimate it so does anyone know how

The most accurate way is to use a heart rate monitor. If you don't have an HRM, make sure all your statistical data (i.e. weight, age, etc.) is accurate and current in MFP. MFP will under-estimate your burn but by less than 50 calories. It is still more worth it to log your burn than not, even if using the estimate provided by MFP.
  • patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    Options
    thanks guys im looking into an hrm gosh they're so expensive
  • tabbyanny
    tabbyanny Posts: 17
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are very expensive but they are worth every penny! I bought the bodymedia fit and I love it! I've done Insanity and it was a very hard core muscle building workout, but honestly I didn't burn as many calories as I would've thought. I am 5'7ish, 150lbs. I burned a MAX of 400 during pure cardio and a MAX of 350 with any of the others. You have to stop and break so much that it's really not a huge calorie burner but it is an amazing fat burner! If you're looking for an intense high calorie burning/fat burning workout that you can actually get all the way through, I would recommend Turbo Fire.